Leidos is in search of a Technical Manager who has experience leading a small to medium size business area consisting of 20-100+ professionals to join our team supporting the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
The Technical Manager must have a background in successfully collaborating with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders. The candidate must provide leadership to invigorate innovation and learning within their team. The candidate must be willing to drive smart change to change the culture to one that is collaborative and innovative to provide our customers with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals.
The candidate will be responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations. The candidate will be expected to collaborate closely with functional business areas (HR, contracts, subcontracts, Business Operations, Quality Assurance and Program Execution) and be responsible for meeting all business area goals and objectives. The candidate will be expected to provide oversight for all day-to-day operations of the program. In doing so, the candidate must be well organized and collaborate with the Technical Program Manager, Director of Operations, and other Technical Leads to ensure the program achieves desired outcomes.
- Must have prior experience supporting the Social Security Administration in a management role supporting a business area
- Must have knowledge around:
- Federal Contracts
- Building a Team, Recruiting Staff, Developing Staff
- Public Health or Health IT
- Generating financial budgets and forecasts as well as the ability to review and validate forecasts created by other managers
- Engineering and Management Processes (e.g. CMMI)
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Process Improvement
- Career record must include the demonstrated ability to work with and independently manage a multiple skilled workforce. Career record must also include financial knowledge and background, including at least two years of supervisory and management experience.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starting team player with effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Must embody a strong work ethic and willingness to work cross functionally to complete assigned tasks.
- Experience managing multiple contract types including Time and Material and Firm Fixed Price
Education and Certificates:
- Master’s degree and 3+ years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience or 9+ years in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.