Salary - potential to increase with truly exceptional performance at assessment
Who is Leidos?
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, science and solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
What are Leidos looking for?
Leidos Innovations UK is seeking a talented individual within the NS&D Division to support the UK Intelligence Campaign. The successful candidate will support the business in perusing a number of customer engagement opportunities and internal activities. The successful candidate will have experience of working within the National Security (Home Office, UKIC, Policing, NCA), and/or Defence (Defence Intelligence, Offence Cyber, Defence Digital) sectors.
What is the role?
Leidos are seeking a Systems Engineer, with a full understanding of the principles of systems engineering, will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer on a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using their experience in Systems Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle. The successful candidate will be expected to have a customer centric mind set, but take an active interest in developing an understanding of wider capabilities across the organisation, which would enable reach back from the customer community where beneficial to the client.
Specific duties may include:
• Working with operational stakeholders, technology suppliers and architects to define system of system level requirements
• Elicit, analyse, define and manage requirements
• Identify gaps in capability and develop strong cases for change.
• Allocation of requirements to lower level services, conducting technical derivation analysis as required
• Modelling of functional requirements and scenarios inside of MBSE and architectural framework approaches
• Capturing of functional and non-functional requirements within appropriate tooling
• Managing compliance assessments at systems of systems, system and lower level systems & services levels
• Producing detailed engineering artefacts
• Delivering milestone technical reviews and the associated work product deliverables
• Defining architectural solutions comprising multiple underpinning COTS and bespoke designs and driving the competitive selection of these technologies
• Modelling operational, business and system behaviours within architectural views
• Conducting cost/benefit/technical trade studies
• Identify stakeholders and analyse their perspectives and needs
• Work with team members to develop solutions to business problems, including the development of ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ business operating models.
• Develop and manage benefits and associated metrics, based on business needs and proposed solutions
• Support acceptance testing
The role will be a ‘homeworking’, but may require extended periods on customer site or Leidos offices depending on engagement / business need. Local arrangements can be agreed with the portfolio director or delegate.
Candidates need to hold current UKIC DV.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are passionate about customer success, united as a team and inspired to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance, and offering competitive employment packages, including:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.