Payroll Systems & Tax Analyst
Location: UK Mobile Worker (requirement to meet with the team in our Glasgow office once a year)
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!..
We have an opening for a Payroll Systems & Tax Analyst to join our team.
As the Payroll Systems & Tax Analyst, you will support the UK Payroll Manager in optimising payroll system configuration to ensure accurate and timely payroll delivery to employees currently based out of the UK. This is an exciting role with the ability to take on additional payrolls in Europe as business continues to expand.
We are looking for someone who is solutions-focused and experienced in working under pressure to meet strict deadlines and business requirements. You must be a quick learner, flexible, and be able to adapt quickly to the Company, culture and environment.
You will also:
- Be familiar with a payroll processing cycle and the ability to meet critical deadlines. Experience with Workday and ADP iHCM2 is preferred
- Be responsible for supporting the day-to-day administration and process high volumes of information relating to Payroll to coordinate business processes with HR and Finance teams to ensure data is efficiently sent to Payroll each period for processing
- Review the payroll platform configuration within ADP iHCM2 and make recommendations for system optimisation/enhancements
- Lead testing of new system enhancements and work with UK Payroll Manager on large projects as needed
- Understand manual pay calculations and pro-rations related to new starters and leavers & leave of absences in relation to payroll
- Review tax calculations and pension regulations and electronically archive related documentation
- Partner with vendor and provide back up support for employee queries and respond to all queries timely
- Comply with filing and record retention requirements
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving systems issues relating to payroll
- Work with the Payroll Manager to support all internal and external audits relating to payroll to ensure that systems have been appropriately configured to handle all gross to net calculations
- Possess working knowledge of IR35 regulations and partner with internal teams to enhance the existing business processes
- Assist the UK Payroll Manager in setting up local or shadow payrolls in foreign countries throughout Europe as needed for UK nationals; while ensuring full compliance to local labour and tax laws
- Be flexible and able to work using own initiative
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong payroll experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Proficient in UK taxable compensation and national insurance
- Have strong knowledge of ADP payroll platform, such as iHCM2, and be familiar with integrations to/from payroll platform
- Have working experience of HRIS Systems, such as Workday
- Strong Microsoft Excel skillset
- Have a strong understanding of employee benefits, including salary sacrifice, as they relate to payroll withholdings and pension schemes
- Strong P11D processing experience
- Be willing to learn about payroll & tax regulations in foreign countries
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
Reinvent yourself at Leidos UK! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.