Intel Portfolio Cyber Specialist
As a NS&D Intel Portfolio Cyber Specialist you will be required to utilise your cyber experience to evolve advanced technical BIDS, captures and campaigns within the Intelligence Team and wider business.
Assisting to develop customer centric solution for the UK Intelligence customer group, comprising of both offensive and defensive cyber activities, including: anomaly detection and insider threat detection, malware analysis, reverse engineering, threat intelligence, decoys and deception, application of AI/ML techniques, orchestration and automation, and penetration testing across a variety of environments.
The successful candidate will be expected to have a customer centric mind-set, but take an active interest in developing an understanding of wider capabilities across the organisation, which would enable reach back from the customer community where beneficial to the client.
- Lead working groups and follow project developments.
- Develop cyber strategy and associated documentation, identifying and offering solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility.
- Provide subject matter expertise for customer inquiries.
- Establish and maintain UKIC and external relationships for cyber related collaboration.
- Ensure high-priority tasks and outages are addressed escalated and addressed during required timelines.
- Create, update, and maintain Security Infrastructure standard operating procedures and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for the N+D Intel team
- Drive implementation and adoption of new tools, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies across all team
- Experience managing teams in support of UKIC or MOD
- Experience with current threats and attack vectors.
- Knowledge of intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience.
CSSP Infrastructure Support certifications
- Advanced knowledge of solution development techniques and best practices related to demonstration, pilot, and test management and operations.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards.
- Demonstrate experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology.
- Demonstrate advanced experience in configuring cybersecurity tools to feed events, alerts, and logs to SIEM technologies.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic finding.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters from an accredited college or university
- Technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Experience implementing automation to reduce mundane tasks and expedite processes.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- An active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification and/ or active CSSP Analyst certification.
Location & Clearance Requirements
The role will be a ‘homeworking’, but may require extended periods on customer site or Leidos offices depending on engagement / business need. Local arrangements can be agreed with the portfolio director or delegate.
- You currently hold or be eligible to gain a UKIC DV.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.