The Defense Group is seeking a qualified Capture Manager to lead the pursuit of opportunities across the Department of Defense.
The Capture Manager is responsible for the capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the logistics growth strategy. The Capture Manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The Capture Manager will work on a variety of different size pursuits and, on occasion, be assigned large ($200M+) opportunities. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a capture manager with proven experience supporting DoD customers.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post-award.
- Develop a plan for securing knowledge and understanding of the customer’s requirements, issues, and needs during the pursuit and capture phases and lead planning sessions with core team
- Strategize on win themes aligned with customer’s critical needs
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration and workshop sessions, proposal reviews
- Lead competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win efforts.
- Lead the development and submission of white papers, RFI responses, and other proposal artifacts as assigned
- Apply Leidos capture planning processes and best practices consistently
- Brief capture status to senior management, to the CEO level when appropriate, at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
- Support other business development activities as assigned
- Conduct after-action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Mentor other program managers and rotational program staff in the capture management process
- Develop capture budgets and execute capture plans within those approved budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 12+ years of related experience or Master’s degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- A proven track record of successful capture management in the logistics, modernization, sustainment, and engineering across multiple domains (land, sea and air), organizations and program offices in the Department of Defense at a variety of acquisition sizes
- A track record of leading large (>$150 Million) captures and winning those competitions; as well as developing and managing a multiple opportunity pipeline
- Experience leading teams in a virtual environment; ability to work through others, and get results from teams that do not report directly to you
- Technical writing and proposal development experience
- An ability to relate concepts and plans to their financial outcomes and clearly demonstrate an understanding of corporate indirect rates and LOE/BOE development
- Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities to support customer visits and strategy workshops. Estimated up to 25% annually as required.
- Active Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance. If Active clearance is currently Secret, must be able to obtain Top Secret.
- 3+ years program management and/or logistics IT systems experience a plus
- Completed professional training in Capture Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.