Leidos is seeking a Support Systems Engineer to work remotely supporting the Veteran Affairs Electronic Health Records Modernization (VA EHRM) contract. The VA EHRM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Veteran Affairs. Leidos is seeking candidates for the engineering team to support a number of positions to assist with triaging, defining and resolving complex technical issues for the VA EHRM system.
- Provide Tier III project-level Service Desk functions to include evaluating, processing/resolving, reporting, and tracking of trouble tickets.
- Monitor trouble ticket queues, entering and managing software problem incidents.
- Review trouble tickets to ensure documented information is complete, accurate, and sufficient to facilitate reproduction and analysis of the issue.
- Coordinate with the Tier 1 support center staff and/or ticket originator to confirm or obtain additional information and assign classification and priority to facilitate timely processing.
- Communicate and collaborate with Tier II, local medical facility staff, and other stakeholders for resolution of issues.
- Manage the User Account provision processing and troubleshooting.
- Handle routine tasks with no assistance and complete new assignments with general instructions.
- Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature, using engineering judgement to resolve issues and make recommendations.
- Follow standard practices and procedures.
- Work closely with other Development and DevOps team members to ensure timely ticket triage.
- Manage escalation to Vendor for Tier III support.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with current and active ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Ability to interact and assist customer team members, at a variety of levels and technical capabilities, including high levels of management, executive and military leadership.
- Must be able to learn quickly, work independently, be detail-oriented, and excellent time management skills.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Must have the ability to own a technical task and work it to completion.
- Extensive hands-on experience in an operations support role.
- Tier III experience troubleshooting user issues and gathering information to support resolution.
- Experience with ticket management tools (e.g., Remedy, ServiceNow etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience supporting software applications in an AWS cloud environment.
- Experience scripting (Bash, Python) in a Linux (RHEL) environment.
- Able to read C++ code.
- Experience with SQL/CCL for building and querying for data.
- Can use command line middleware tools such as SCP, TDB, QCP, MSGView, etc.
- Understanding with reading CCL programs (for custom scripting on any interface).
- Can read MTA files or could learn it.
- Current VA Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with problem ticket resolution, tracking, escalation, and reporting.
- Cerner Millennium and interface/interoperability areas.
- Intermediate experience with large-scale, complex enterprise system of systems integration and deployment.
- Intermediate experience working with Active Directory.
- Experience with ITIL.
- Any Java knowledge or experience is a major plus!
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, etc).
- Experience using and/or maintaining development and automation tools such as Git, Jira, Terraform, Cloudformation, Packer, Consul, Vault, Kubernetes, Maven.
- Experience troubleshooting application environments including the following technologies are desired:
- CSS / HTML
- REST API’s (JSON, XML)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Container Orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Spring based microservices
- Experience with the following technologies is desired:
- CI/CD pipeline automation (GitLab CI, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) architecture design, deployment, migration, and sustainment
- Container/Artifact Registries (e.g. GitLab, Nexus, Harbor)
- Cybersecurity tools and process
- Identity and Access Management
- SQL and MySQL databases
- MedCOI network
- Remote troubleshooting of COTS hardware and software
- Experience with troubleshooting Health Level Seven International (HL7) message traffic and interfaces.
- Detailed understanding/troubleshooting/workflow in one or more of the below specific areas is desired:
- Direct Care
- Foreign System Interfaces
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.