Leidos is seeking a summer intern with a Computer Cyber background to join our team in support of the SMIT contract, the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT), Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, the Leidos team will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. The successful candidate will support Cyber solutions and analysis for the NMCI network.
- Contribute to the Cyber Engineering team’s projects
- Participate in the planning of upgrades, replacement, configuration, and maintenance of Cyber solutions
- Support efforts related to tools such as Splunk, Microsoft Defender, Symantec Antivirus & Forescout Network Access Control
- Collaborate with external customers, management, subcontractors, vendors, and other engineering disciplines
- Comply with ITSM processes and procedures
- Comply with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) governance and use MBSE tools
- Comply with Cybersecurity requirements within the DoDI 8500.01 and DON 5239
- Support the development and maintenance of processes, checklists, and procedures
- Enrolled in a degree program as a Cyber Security, Computer Science, or similar major with graduation planned in 2024-2026
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Familiarity with coding/programming
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- US citizenship required
- Ability to obtain Security+ (or other relevant) certification to meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements
- Familiarity with different antivirus applications
- Basic understanding of security policies for both workstations and servers
- Familiarity with Microsoft Defender For Endpoints
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.