Leidos has an opening for a Cargo Mission Integration Support Lead to support NASA’s Mission Integration and Operations Office in Houston, Texas. The Lead will be part of the Cargo Mission Contract team, and will perform mission support to the MI&O office, performing analytical assessments, cargo trade evaluations based on negotiated priorities among the International Space Station (ISS) CAM stakeholders, and management of the cargo mission.
The position will serve as the primary point of contact to the Visiting Vehicle teams, ISS CAMs, MI&O management, and the ISS Program Office in support of an assigned cargo mission. The selected candidate will be responsible for the planning, organizing, securing, and managing of resources for the successful completion of a mission as well as coordination of contractor products and resources for the MI&O office. The tasks of the Cargo Mission Integration Support Lead ensure that mission is integrated per requirements and cargo events run within scope and time constraints, with the ultimate goal of successful delivery and integration of hardware to the vehicle integrators for launch, or back to the hardware owners in the case of return missions.
- Review the flight specific schedule milestones. Identify and resolve issues or challenges to meeting milestones by communicating with the NASA and contractor teams.
- Establishing cargo priorities and evaluating hardware trades to ensure vehicle manifesting and integration is completed to meet the VV mission and increment objectives to support on-orbit crew operations.
- Identify Points of Contact with hardware providers, VV Integration Managers, and ISS CAMs and subsystem managers to negotiate and manage the integration mission as well as negotiating trades and hardware deliveries to ensure mission milestones are met.
- Serve as NASA’s primary POC to the VV team to ensure deliveries and the manifest complement are supportive of the launch schedule and to provide data products (Cargo Summary, MPR, big bag planning, etc.) to the VV as well as reporting to the ISSP.
- Perform Cargo Certification of Flight Readiness for the ISS VV mission.
- Identify off nominal requirements, requests, and problems pertaining to the VV mission and hardware that constitutes the mission manifest. Utilize prior experiences, standard procedures, and basic analysis to resolve issues.
- Communicate issues and challenges to MI&O and ISS management and to coordinate with the VV Office to resolve issues with the VV team.
- Manage the flight specific schedule and coordinate milestones with the MI&O support contractors. Identify and resolve schedule constraints or challenges throughout mission timeline.
- Communicate with resources across the various contractor CMC teams to ensure that milestones, requirements, and product deliveries are met.
- Identify issues and off-nominal requests pertaining to hardware requirements and delivery to CMC and to the Next Level Integrator, and utilize prior experiences, standard procedures, and basic analysis to resolve issues. Resolution often entails communication with internal and external organizations and customers, including contractor management, hardware providers, Visiting Vehicle Team, and NASA reps.
- Communicate flight status as needed, including weekly Integrated Product Team, MIOCB, TICB, SSPCB meeting.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years relevant experience, including project management experience.
- Experience with NASA ISS program.
- Organized, proactive, and communicates clearly with ability to present clearly and concisely to program level boards to facilitate management decisions.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience with Microsoft Project skills is desired.
Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to length investigation for non-U.S. persons.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.