The Leidos Research Support Team supporting the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Team in Morgantown, WV. This is an opportunity to execute fundamental and applied research with world-class scientists and engineers using state of the art equipment to perform research aligned with the goals of the U.S. Department of Energy, including carbon management and resource identification.
- Plan and execute experiments related to fluid flow, geomechanics, and core characterization.
- Perform 2D and 3D image analysis
- Heat transport modeling
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team, including geologist, chemists, and other researchers to assist each other in accomplishing project related tasks.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
- Generate data analysis reports that are publication worthy.
- Assist in writing methods, results, and data interpretations for publications in high quality, scientific peer-reviewed journals.
- Develop and present results for oral or poster presentation at staff meetings and professional conferences.
- Provide weekly and monthly technical updates to research team members and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of research experience
- Applicants should have experience working in a research facility in collaboration with other researchers.
- Bachelor’s degree with more than 3 years of prior relevant experience in mechanical engineering or reservoir engineering.
- Experience with writing Python scripts
- Experience with machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
- Applicants should have advanced image processing experience.
- Experience in heat transfer and flow through simulations
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.