The Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Administrative Specialist. This is an exciting opportunity to provide administrative support to assist in operating and maintaining the SNS national stockpiled inventory. In this mission we assist in ensuring the SNS inventory is ready for deployment, providing the ability to respond 24 x 7 in an emergency. The successful candidate will provide administrative support, travel management, and calendar management for branch chief in support of program.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties for the Division of Strategic National Stockpile branch.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for the branch/team members using the agency’s travel system
- Monitor branch/team conference rooms and resolve conflicts in the conference room schedules. Including:
- Answer and triage phone calls to the branch/team. Telephone inquiries are answer tactfully, pleasantly, and intelligently based on a substantive knowledge of program operations, personnel, and policies, and referred to the appropriate team members as necessary. Incoming faxes and emails are handle in the same manner.
- Serve as the primary mail clerk for the branch/team and is responsible for ensuring mail sorted and distributed properly.
- Maintain office supplies and assist in purchasing actions to support branch activities. Including:
- Purchase Request Form (1350) shall be used or purchase request shall be entered in online purchase request system MACCS 1350.
- Process requests for purchases, telecommunications service, and training requests.
- Review outgoing correspondence for proper attachments, signatures, clearances and conformance to division procedures.
- Follow branch procedures, coordinate with division staff to in-process new employees, and out-process departing employees.
- Monitor branch equipment, requesting service and ordering supplies for printers, fax machines, copiers, etc., as required.
- Escort visitors as required.
- Maintain files according to branch procedures and agency guidelines. Including:
- Maintain calendars/schedules as needed.
- Maintain Occupant Evacuation rosters for branch members for use by building evacuation team during emergencies and:
- Control the production of reports and outgoing correspondence to ensure suspense dates/times are met, including coordinating the efforts of various staff members.
- Ensure proper handling of all personally identifiable information (PII) to protect branch members from identify theft.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required to be on-call 24 hour/7 days a week. Must be able to respond to mission alerts within 15 minutes with a recall of 90 minutes to report to designated location. Must carry a cell phone at all times.
- Up to 3 years of experience in related field.
- Knowledge of procedures for use of various standard office equipment such as telecommunications, faxes, copiers, manual or automated files
- Basic foundation of administrative concepts, principles and practices sufficient to perform independently duties involving eliminating conflict and duplication of work
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong relationship-building and diplomacy skills
- Must have the ability to work handle request (s) from multiple groups/organizations
- Must be able to identify error (s), problem (s), or non-standard situations and suggest alternative (s).
- Must be proficient in common software, particularly with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Technically savvy is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess character traits of being accurate, meticulous, proactive, efficient, self-starter, a team player.
- Previous experience supporting a government agency.
- Knowledge of the Joint Travel Regulations preferred
- Broad knowledge of the mission, function and practices of Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, and
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention /ASPR preferred
- Knowledge of the regulations, policies and procedures outlines in the Federal Response Plan preferred
- CONCUR Travel experience preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $29,900.00 - $46,000.00 - $62,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.