Leidos is seeking a summer intern with a Computer Science (or similar) background to join our team in support of the SMIT contract, the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT), Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, the Leidos team will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. The successful candidate will support Robotic Process Automaton (RPA) efforts to improve SMIT and gain efficiencies/effectiveness for the program.
Contribute to the IT Service Management team’s projects through RPA
- Participate in the planning RPA efforts to reduce manual efforts and increase efficiencies
- Design, develop, document, test, and deploy robotic process automation (RPA) bots using UiPath.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure, and system issues.
- Perform analysis to develop business process changes to maximize efficiencies.
- Perform analysis, trending and forecasting to recommend improvements to optimize performance and efficiency.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums, develop and maintain Agile documentation including backlog/requirements, task descriptions, and acceptance criteria to demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes, checklists, and procedures
- Enrolled in a degree program as a Computer Science (or similar) major with graduation planned in 2024-2026
- Experience with coding/programming
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- US citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Security+ certification to meet DoD 8570 requirements
- Familiarity with UiPath
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.