UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced Personal Security Tier II SAP Adjudicator to support a customer within the Department of Defense (DOD) located in the Greater Washington D.C. Metropolitan area.
The Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
In this role, you will be embedded with the customer providing Subject Matter Expertise, providing lead support to; SAP eligibility determinations, monitor and track personnel security actions, Update program access lists or rosters in appropriate database(s) following indoctrination, and review and remain current on the personnel security standards appropriate to the classification level of the programs. The successful candidate will lead a small contingent of specialized professionals on their day to day tasks as well as interacting with, Senior Executive Service (SES) personnel, senior military officials, and high-graded civilians and have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Perform SAP Access eligibility determination reviews, in accordance with DoD Manual 5205.07 Volume 2.
• Responsible for training new staff on customer specific requirement and eligibility determinations and reviewing work to ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
• Review, and update as required: Local Level I and Level II SAPNP processing policies and procedures.
• Perform Level I and Level II SAP access eligibility determinations.
• Provide advice and problem solving to the Program Security Officer (PSO) relating to the access eligibility review process and guidelines regarding Level II and III issues, including the procedures to be followed in the appeal processes.
• Communicate with security professionals from across the Government and Industry on security related solutions of significant importance.
• Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner and a high sense of integrity, working in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned in support of the customer’s mission.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
• Must have a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (Adjudicated within the last 3 years).
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in personnel security and a High School diploma or equivalent; or an Associate degree in Security, Administration, Business Administration or related field with three (3) years of related experience.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Security, Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
• Subject Matter Expert in the field.
• Be a graduate of a DoD Intelligence Analyst course or another U.S. Intelligence Agency’s analytical training program.
• Successfully completed a SAP adjudication development and certification course from a U.S Government agency or have two years of experience performing a similar function.
• Experience-producing, handling, storing, transmitting, and transporting classified materials, up to and including Top Secret, SAP, and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
• Extensive knowledge and experience supporting Special Access Programs (SAP).
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as a solid group contributor working in a fast-paced environment
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite tools.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.