At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse Aviation Professionals always have a multitude of career choices. Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The HR3DGI Program at Leidos is seeking Aircraft Engineering & Maintenance Control Manager. This position reports directly to the HR3DGI Program Manager (PM)
- The Aircraft Engineering & Maintenance Control Manager responsibilities include objective evaluation of all aircraft maintenance activities to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Army regulatory requirements, and applicable Leidos policies including, but not limited to:
- Time/Life Limited inspections and overhauls
- Preventative maintenance
- Minor and Major Modifications and Alterations through an FAA 8110-3 Engineering Order (EO) or Supplemental type Certificate (STC)
- Maintenance tracking accuracy
- Safety of Flight Review Boards
- Ensure the currency of Army Airworthiness Release (AWR)
- Monitor compliance with the AWR
- Ensure compliance with aircraft maintenance and Flight and Ground Operations Procedures (FGOP)
- Perform in-process and final inspections
- Ensure current applicable technical data is used for the assigned task to include managing all technical data subscriptions
- Understand the current specifications involving inspection tolerances, limitations, and procedures established by the manufacturer of the article(s) being inspected.
- Audit accurate aircraft, engine, propeller, component logs and other records pertinent to airworthiness
- Perform oversight inspections necessary to ensure applicable record documentation is properly completed
- Collaborate with the HR3DGI Quality Assurance department to ensure continuity of FAA, Army and Leidos requirements
- Oversight of Aircraft Weight and Balance
- Ensure Mission Equipment Package (MEP) maintenance and inspections are in accordance with established Leidos policies and OEM procedures or other acceptable or approved technical data
- Address Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through Root Cause Analysis
- Ensure sensor modifications and/or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
- Prepare and/or present weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Other duties as assigned by the PM
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 10 years Beechcraft King Air aircraft maintenance and inspection experience to include experience within the last 3 years
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) certification
- Inspection Authorization (IA) or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Clear understanding of the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) 8210.1c and ISO 9100/9110 basis of certification
- Ability to read and follow structural drawings as well as OEM technical publications
- Experience using the Automated Weight and Balance Software (AWBS)
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Must be able to interpret drawings and engineering orders during inspection of individual parts made locally and off-site to ensure items meet specifications
- Must be able to read and understand installation instructions, drawings and other material related to FAA 8110-3 EO and STC based modifications and alterations
- Clear understanding of FAA regulations 43, 91, 145 and use of FAA form 337.
This position requires the candidate to perform the followings
- Physically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to inspect and work in areas of the aircraft that is extremely compact and confined
- Able to work in an enclosed/exterior hangars in year-round weather conditions
- Able to work off-site as required
- Ability to travel up to 25% to CONUS and/or OCONUS sites
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- General Aviation, Turbo prop and business jet experience
- Experience in subcontractor surveillance
- Experience reviewing, updating, and making improvements in aviation program manuals, forms, and records
- A valid U.S. passport
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.