Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for an energetic and detail oriented Fullstack Java and/or Angular - Software Developer who will support the Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS), which provides access to supplemental information from numerous sources to augment the information available on the Air Traffic Management (ATM) service provider’s primary display.
Software Developer responsibilities:
In this position, you will work with a team of software developers, system integrators and system engineers supporting E-IDS Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program. Specific responsibilities will involve:
• Developing and maintaining FAA air traffic control software (primarily Java & Angular) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
• Provide full SDLC development.
• Understand coding standards and implement them within code being developed.
• Troubleshoot problems and provide solutions.
• Communicate with the users to determine problems or design requirements.
• Work within both the team and project to deliver work products in a timely manner.
• Follow the Software Development Life Cycle process and as well organizational processes independently.
• Willing to learn new technologies in short period of time as required by the Project
• Implement SW solutions for complex projects.
• Coordinate with the systems engineering to review software application requirements and develop technical solutions and architectural design for enhancements.
• Participate in drop planning and at times lead a Feature development: elaborating it to smaller user stories and present it to team during drop planning/implementation.
• Participate and commit to the User Stories assigned in the Drop.
• Perform risk analysis design, mock-up, document, unit testing, system testing, Code review and support demonstration to User and deployment of Feature to Production.
• Support newer members of the team and support them to learn FAA domain and tools/technologies used on the program.
• Ability to perform as the Team Lead if the need arises.
• Complete FAA compliance training needs as required by Customer.
• Responsible for GFE and ensuring that IDE tools are updated regularly and functioning properly.
• Experience using version control tools such as Git
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent.
• Oracle and Postgres Database usage and access.
• Working knowledge of rest services environments such as RESTful APIs and JSON
• Knowledge of: testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito, including defect tracking and management.
• Experience with: DevOps and CI/CD tools integration - JIRA, Maven, BitBucket, SonarQube, Eclipse, etc.
• Testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito.
• Waterfall Software development methodology, processes, lifecycle, & issue management using JIRA.
• Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills in English.
• Strong analytical skills, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, curiosity, competitive spirit.
• More than a willingness to learn... a desire to be a go to person for upcoming technologies.
• Model Driven Development, SysML, UML, Eclipse UML Plugins, Design
• Testing frameworks and tools such as Karma, and Protractor.
• Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, EBS, S3, etc.
• Familiarity with container development using Docker.
• FAA format testing and CDRLs delivery.
• Experience with version control tools such as Git, code inspections with Crucible, and issue management with JIRA
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.