Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? We’re seeking a Test Manager who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting large information technology projects for one of our clients in various customer businesses areas at an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Test Manager to oversee application testing efforts, Test Planning, Test Execution and Defect Management. The candidate should be fluent with HP Quality Center and ALM SDLC tools, setting up test projects, managing test cases, working testing processes, and generating executive level reports.
Location: Role may be remote, however preference will be given to candidates in The Woodlands, TX, New Orleans, LA, or Little Rock, AR, as this is where the client sites are.
- Understand the business functionality and define over all test strategy.
- Capability to understand the big picture – system / app / product and weave in a comprehensive test plan
- Develop and maintain standard IT testing and test management processes and procedures; this also includes developing a set of test policies to define acceptable levels of testing based on a set of criteria which considers risk vs. cost benefit.
- Develop and maintain standard requirements management processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain staff training materials for the above test and requirements management processes.
- Conduct staff training for test and requirements management processes.
- Effectively communicate at senior manager / director / executive levels about the program / project level risks / issues / escalations.
- Provide consulting to project teams for test and requirements management.
- Develop requirements for standard test management reports and visualizations in the form of mockups, to be built and implemented by other IT staff.
- Develop requirements for standard requirements management reports and visualizations in the form of mockups, to be built and implemented by other IT staff.
- Become “go-to” – escalation point person for any project related test management activities.
- Communicate effectively the daily status – risks / issues / dependencies, track progress and manage issue workflow to resolution.
- Logging and managing the defects in ServiceNow
- Work directly on projects in a test manager or similar technical lead role
- May be responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related. Additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 7+ years of experience as a Test Manager
- Experience with HP Quality Center and ALM SDLC tool set required
- Experience using a performance testing tool like Loadrunner is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of testing/QA techniques, practices, and processes. Experience with planning and leading QA efforts for a program or large complex projects.
- Prior experience with development or testing of utility information systems preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle process.
- Prior experience managing large, complex, testing efforts crossing multiple departments.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) both internally to the project team and leadership.
- Ability to provide necessary support to the gathering and writing of accurate, complete test materials.
- Strong business analysis skills for capturing business/clinical scenarios and translating them into test cases and scripts.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills with an ability to organize and communicate thoughts clearly.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.