Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for an energetic and detail oriented Senior Fullstack Java and/or Angular - Design & Development Engineer who will support the Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS), which provides access to supplemental information from numerous sources to augment the information available on the Air Traffic Management (ATM) service provider’s primary display.
Senior Software Developer responsibilities:
• Provide full SDLC development
• Understand coding standards and implement them within code being developed
• Troubleshoot problems and provide solutions
• Communicate with the users to determine problems or design requirements
• Lead both the team, project and deliver on timely manner
• Document changes and follow the Systems Development Life Cycle process independently
• Willing to learn and adopted new technologies in short period of time as required by the Project
• Design solutions for complex projects
• Coordinate with the customer to review software application requirements and develop technical solutions and architectural design for enhancements
• Participate in drop planning and at times lead a Feature development: elaborating it to smaller user stories and present it to team during drop planning/implementation
• Participate and commit to the User Stories assigned in the Drop
• Perform risk analysis design, mock-up, document, unit testing, system testing, Code review and support demonstration to User and deployment of Feature to Production
• Support newer members of the team and support them to learn the FAA domain and the tools/technologies used on the Program
• Ability to perform as the Team Lead if the need arises
• Complete FAA compliance training needs as required by Customer
• Responsible for GFE and ensuring that IDE tools are updated regularly and functioning properly
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with a minimum of 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent.
• Hands-on experience with: Analyzing and identifying test cases both automated and written scripts including generating test data and performing data validation, Automated testing, SW development skills, Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development).
• Hands on experience of: Design and develop Automated Testing scripts using shell scripts (bash/sh, sed, awk), Selenium, Cucumber, UFT, SoapUI.
• Oracle and Postgres Database usage and access.
• Strong working knowledge of rest services environments such as RESTful APIs and JSON
• Knowledge of testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito, including defect tracking and management.
• Hands on experience with: DevOps and CI/CD tools integration - JIRA, Maven, BitBucket, SonarQube, Eclipse, etc.
• Testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito.
• Waterfall Software development methodology, processes, lifecycle, issue management using JIRA.
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills in English.
• Strong analytical skills, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, curiosity, competitive spirit.
• More than a willingness to learn... a desire to be a go to person for upcoming technologies.
• Model Driven Development, SysML, UML, Eclipse UML Plugins, Design
• Testing frameworks and tools such as Karma, and Protractor.
• Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, EBS, S3, etc.
• Familiarity with container development using Docker.
• FAA format testing and CDRLs delivery.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.