The EW Division of Leidos is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our cross-functional engineering team using innovative technology to develop truly novel solutions for the Department of Defense (DoD). This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager with a background in product development and a passion for engineering to plan, conduct and manage engineering research, design and development projects involving hardware or software solutions in a diverse and collaborative product development and production environment.
- High level of oversight for engineering research, design, development, and sustaining projects.
- Responsibility for project schedule, budget, and drives cross-functional technical team to achieve technical objectives.
- Work with teams on product development of automated analysis systems, software, and network solutions.
- Lead through complete lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production using established formal development process.
- Responsible to manage and publish technical design specifications including analysis and decomposition of customer, product lines, sales and key suppliers requirements into subsystem specifications.
- Define test strategy and V&V plan with traceability back to requirements to ensure compliance.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance, or ability to obtain
- Strong planning skills including defining requirements, time estimating, communicating progress to stakeholders at each phase of project, documentation, and testing
- Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, mechanical, and physical science disciplines. Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design trade-offs with respect to cost and performance.
- Proven experience with managing major suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Proven experience to estimate project budget and schedule required across engineering disciplines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competitors, team leadership, etc.
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations and proven record of success developing opportunities within the DoD community.
- Possess business and technical vision
- US Citizenship required
- requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar and 2-4 years of experience. Will consider 5+ years of experience with MS degree.
- Previous experience as a program manager involving hardware and software development.
- Familiarity with Electronic Warfare applications
- Hands-on design engineering experience with the development, and production of electronics equipment for use in government security and/or military applications, or similar
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.