Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Cyber Threat Analyst to support an important mission for our DoD customer. Work will be performed on customer site in Ft Huachuca, AZ. An active TS/SCI clearance is required to begin work on the program. In this role, you will use your cyber threat expertise as part of a customer focused team. This program offers opportunities for travel, analytic tradecraft, and training to expand substantive expertise.
What does this program have to offer?
On the job training while getting paid - gain required certifications as you apply current knowledge.
Career mobility opportunity - Leidos fosters a culture of growth and advancement.
Opportunity to support DoD Systems that are critical to our infrastructure, both in the Continental US (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental US (OCONUS).
Teamwork, comradery and opportunity to learn new technologies.
Work site is situated in beautiful Sierra Vista, AZ.
On site gym, coffee shop and food court for your use and convenience!
Salary Target: $82,500.00
What will you do in this role?
• Research classified, unclassified and open source intelligence for actionable indicators of compromise (IOCs), new vulnerabilities, and detection methods
• Track and search for IOCs across the Army CONUS AOR using available tools
• Provide input to the content development team for new signatures/detection methods
• Conduct all-source analysis, digital forensics, and targeting to identify, monitor, assess, and counter the threat posed by cyber actors against Army information systems, critical infrastructure, and cyber-related interests
• Apply scientific and technical knowledge to solving complex intelligence problems, produce short-term and long-term written assessments, and brief RCC-C government and the RCC-C DCO community
To be successful in this role, you should have:
• Initiative and be results oriented with flexibility and tenacity
• Creative problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify threats or determine if other teams need to be included.
• Ability to work in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment
• Excellent teamwork and communications skills both written and verbal
These are the required qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of relevant experience OR equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must hold active DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance prior to start
• Prior to start of employment you MUST possess one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE IAT Level II DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline (i.e., Security+CE).
• Prior to start of employment you MUST possess current Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification
These are preferred qualifications:
• Familiarity with U.S. Army policies and procedures, POAMs, and organizational processes
• Experience in cyber security controls, policies, and procedures in a military setting
• Experience with analyzing network activities, responding to anomalies, and reporting events
• Experience reviewing and analyzing endpoint security events/logs
• Experience conducting passive evaluations and active evaluations
• Experience in some or all of the following tools, ITSM, Stealthwatch, NIKSUN, InQuest, Fidelis XPS, TippingPoint, Gabriel Nimbus, SNORT, Wireshark, HBSS/AESS, and Endgame Endpoint Protection.
• PCAP Analysis
• Familiarity with working in JMN/JRSS environment.
• Threat Hunting
• Threat and Vulnerability Analysis
• Web Content Filtering
• Threat Briefing and Reporting
• IPS/IDS Signature Writing
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.