Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for provide guidance in design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization of Data/Voice/Video Infrastructure. Network engineers are responsible for designing, development, integrations and configure unique networks. This positions will require the skillset and experience use free thinking and independent judgement to provide out of the box solutions. Tasks may include: participate in the development of new network designs, assess network management architecture, document the architecture, develop plans, and conduct the testing effort. The candidate will be responsible for a working knowledge of installations, upgrades, support problem resolution.
- Develop technical solutions to issues that may be unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- Data/Optical Transmission and switching of traditional telecommunications
- Data Center Network Engineer with intra/inter data transmission
- Network Architect/Cellular Network Engineer
- Assist with the development of network architecture and roadmaps
- Support network refresh efforts
- Network troubleshooting
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Hands on experience with Cisco equipment
- Hands-on experience with Network protocols, systems and equipment:
- Understanding of Networks Technologies such as Sonet, DWDM, SDN, OTN, MSAN, MSPP, MPLS/IP-MPLS, VoIP, Multi media services, WAN/LAN, Mulitfabric, Mesh Networks, Session Border Controles, Front haul, Back haul, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, 5G etc
- Working knowledge of Network Management Systems (NMS) in the Network and or Network Functions
- Working knowledge of 1 or more:
- Public Switch telephone network (PTSN)
- Data Networks (IP, MPLS, Traffic engineering, OpenFlow)
- Dedicated/Private Communications Network both TDM Voice and VoIP
- VoIP Networks, Soft Switches, SBC’s
- Fiber Optic Cable, Characterzation engineering- install and maintance
- RF Related technology like cellular, microwave, millmeter wave & VSAT
- Gigabit capability, Passive Optical Network (GPON/PON) technology
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- Computer and Dataset Skills
- CISCO or Juniper Cert
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 6000/5000/2000 series hardware.
- Experience supporting high performance computing environments.
Experience with IPS/IDS systems to include network impacts.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.