Leidos is currently looking for an I T Support Specialist for the Department of Transportation (DOT). With varying requirements and processes, ITSS supports an IT infrastructure comprised of approximately 15,000 end user devices, and a customer base of over 10,000 end-users located at DOT headquarters and several field sites throughout the United States.
This role requires a very high level of technical proficiency and requires an individual with executive presence and strong communication skills. Must quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues related to PCs/ Laptops, mobile devices, application software, and potentially local network issues. If needed, more complex IT issues will be escalated to a higher level of support. As needed, will also recommend hardware and software solutions, including new product acquisitions and upgrades. He/she will conduct training programs designed to educate and mentor desktop engineering team members.
The candidate will assist to develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures regarding how issues are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected. The position requires overall knowledge of desktop support operations aligned to ITIL best practices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including incident, request, and knowledge management. The support will range from simple to complex system issues and may include VIP support requirements.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional communication skills and possess the ability to meet aggressive timelines in a very fast-paced environment. Must have strong customer service skills and be able to multitask between hardware and software solutions.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience providing IT Hardware and Software Deployment, Troubleshooting, and Problem Resolution support to end users.
- Must be able to present at the Executive level
- Trusted professional who can work in a team environment and who can communicate and present effectively to Federal Government customers
- Ability to prioritize and work with multiple assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in delivering excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer satisfaction, and timeliness – providing Service Delivery Excellence
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong dedication to customer service
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to ad-hoc changes in the environment
- Excellent time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate in a timely fashion and work closely with other technical teams to ensure coordination and communication takes place in support of the customer and team knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems efficiently, even under pressure
- Follows various procedures and protocols for customer service as set by management
- Participates in projects throughout the company as needed
- Handle escalated calls or issues; escalates calls further when required or dictated by company policy
- Track and report on key metrics like Desktop metrics, KPI’s, and SLA’s
- Complete weekly, monthly project deliverables, reports
- Use BMC Remedy (or equivalent) IT Service Management Software, including ad hoc report generation.
- Bomgar Remote Support
- Imaging and configuration of new machines in a Windows environment
- Smart cards / PIV cards
- Active Directory
- Troubleshooting VPN- Cisco AnyConnect, MS Windows 10 & MS Office 365
- Understanding of Asset Management and Logistics/Inventory processes
- 5 years experience deploying/configuring workloads within Microsoft Azure Commercial Cloud and/or AWS Commercial Cloud
- Demonstrated understanding of compute, network, and storage principals
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert and/or AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.