Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist, who enjoys cutting-edge work developing creative solutions to address data analytics challenges, to collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, and communicate with interested entities. Join a tremendously talented technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
· Employ highly creative solutions to address data analytics challenges to our mission, to collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, and communicate with interested entities.
· You need to be curious, creative, and tech-savvy. You need to stay up to date with data programming software and apps, have an outstanding understanding of statistics and mathematics and be proficient in writing algorithms. You must be persistent and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Work with a team to identify, interpret and transform structured and unstructured data into
· Devise strategies for extracting meaning and value from large datasets.
· Willing to go through multi-iterations until teams comes to successful completion
· Willing to do deep dives into data for interruption
· Make/communicate principled conclusions from data using mathematics, statistics, computer science, and application specific knowledge.
· Make informed recommendations regarding competing technical solutions through awareness of the constantly shifting collections, processing, storage and analytic capabilities and limitations.
· Master's degree and 15+ years of experience, or Bachelor's and 18+ years of experience, related to intelligence research and targeting work is required.
· Python programming
· Work as a partner in a multi-disciplined team
· Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.