Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual plan, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Disability Leave, Paid Parental Leave, Safe Work Environments and much more!
The Leidos Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation based in Columbia, Maryland has multiple career opportunities for Information Systems Security Officers (ISSO) on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission-relevance on emerging technologies.
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will work on a newly awarded task providing "cradle-to-grave" support for mission information systems, including discovery, SSP preparation, C&A, security sustainment, and system decommissioning.
- Preparing and maintaining information security certification and accreditation documentation, including Systems Security Plans.
- Scanning Compliance: Conduct security scans of the ISs under their purview to highlight security weaknesses and maintain record of devices. The ISSO will use the security scans to ensure that patching has been applied to the ISs and use the security scans to prove security compliance.
- STE Compliance: Monitor and evaluate Secure The Enterprise (STE) compliance for the ISs under their purview. Ensure that the IS maintains STE compliance, working with SAs and programmers to fix STE non-compliance items.
Security Clearance requirement
- Must possess active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAM Level 1 Certification (Security + CE, CAP, GSLC) or higher.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and minimum of eight (8) years' Information Systems Security Experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Experience completing security evaluations of software systems or architectures to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Experience preparing and maintaining SSP or security related documentation.
- Experience proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies, preferably on a large software or IT program.
- Demonstrated experience performing day-today security operations of large. Complicated information and information processing systems.
- Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience with the DCID 6-3 Policy and practices.
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience preparing and maintaining information security certification and accreditation documentation, including Systems Security Plans.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with XACTA.
- Knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Knowledge of NIST 800-37, 800-53, and CNSSI-1253.
- Substantial experience with all elements of NISCAP
- Solution oriented team player with a high level of self-initiative.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.