Leidos is seeking a Program Security Officer/CSSO to support classified programs and facilities in Columbia, Md. The position requires a strong background in both personnel security clearance processing and physical security management of SCIF areas for an intelligence community customer in the Ft Meade, Maryland, area. The selected candidate will work as a member of the Leidos Columbia Security Team made up of six certified CSSOs, each responsible for their own programs with shared responsibility for their assigned facility. The candidate will need to be well versed in ICD 704, ICD 705 and SEADs, as well as customer Industrial Security practices and contractor clearance processes; a self-starter who can prioritize security actions, provide excellent communication for employees, management and government customers, and a result driven professional to handle security issues.
• Typically requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Provide agency-level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security and contractor clearance processes
• Coordinate access control including Leidos corporate badging and access to secure areas
• Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information
• Monitor, update, and maintain appropriate security records (e.g. corporate and government databases)
• Prepare and disseminate security requirements, guidance, and procedures
• Provide Clearance and SCI briefing/debriefing to employees when required
• Ensure personnel are aware of the of Reporting Responsibilities such as Foreign Contact and Foreign Travel
• Collaborate with members of Leidos corporate security, the DoD, the IC and other officials as required to maintain knowledge and understanding of current security regulations
• Coordinate information with internal and external security offices and divisions.
• Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials
• Monitor and manage security operations and provide status reports and recommendations
• Create, manage, and execute Security and CI training programs
• Collaborate with internal and external managers to ensure understanding of program operations
• Clearance requirement is Top Secret//SCI with Polygraph. Applicant selected must have and maintain government security clearances
• Bachelors or equivalent professional experience
• Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles, and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues
• Resourceful in solving security issues and capitalizing on opportunities
•Ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations
• Broad knowledge base of complex security concepts
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel internal and external
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with little supervision in customer's facilities
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Knowledge of multiple Security functional areas.
• An understanding of security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. ICDs, NISPOM)
• Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels
. Experience with DISS and SCATTERED CASTLES databases
Experience as a COMSEC Custodian
Experience with SIMS software (Security Information Management System)
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.