Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We are in search of a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team that supports the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL). NETL is a multi-disciplinary, scientific, and technical-oriented national laboratory that produces technological solutions for America’s energy challenges by driving innovation and delivering solutions for a prosperous energy future that ensures affordable, abundant, and reliable energy for a robust economy and national security. NETL is developing technologies to manage carbon across the full life cycle enabling environmental sustainability for all Americans. Highly skilled individuals at three NETL research sites – Albany, OR, Morgantown, WV, and Pittsburgh, PA – conduct a broad range of research.
As a core member of our team, you will support and execute a wide range of internal and external communications projects and programs. And as a core member of the both the Science-based Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Institute (SAMI) and Energy Data eXchange (EDX) teams, you will play a valuable part in supporting program-specific marketing and business development projects.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Generate communications content such as media plans, press releases, website content, video content, biweekly email updates etc.
- Assist in layout, editing, proofing, copywriting of a variety of documents (e.g., presentations, reports, biweekly email updates).
- Develop an editorial calendar for media plans, press releases, etc.
- Maintain communications schedules
- Provide strategic creative direction, and facilitate and execute material requests, printed or digital.
- Develop internal and external communications strategies, plans, and materials
- Ensure that marketing and communications materials are developed in accordance with customer quality procedures and approval process
- Support website design/layout
- Work collaboratively with other marketing and communications staff and key laboratory initiative partners
- Aggregate, measure, and report on key metrics that define success in marketing and communication efforts (e.g., open rates, reactions/likes, clicks, website traffic) as applicable
- Proactively consult and provide suggestions on marketing and communication opportunities, trends, strategies, and areas of growth
- Support business development and communication efforts by leveraging existing audiences, data and engagement methods to create marketing and communications materials
- Complete administrative duties such as maintaining marketing and communications assets
- Ensure team deliverables to the client are of high quality and provided on time
- Prepare and administer routine correspondence, memoranda, and related documentation
- Execute process and system improvements by working with team and support staff as needed
- Coordinate multiple deliverables and assignments concurrently to meet deadlines
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, or related field or bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
- Technical writing experience
- Outstanding organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task manage high project volume
- Experience writing and developing communications programs and materials for internal and external audiences
- Strong project management, analytical, and verbal/written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- This position requires extensive interface with all levels of the federal client and potential collaborative partners, so excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail is a must; and an ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems, and quickly respond to inquiries
- Ability to check deliverables for consistency and standards
- General understanding of industry practices and standards
- Strong customer service skills – serve internal and external customers while ensuring activities align with objectives
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Previous experience working in a university, national laboratory, or federal research and development environment
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, and resourcefulness
- Strong coordination skills while balancing multiple assignments
- Capable of prioritizing tasks while maintaining time management
- Experience with third-party email platforms (e.g., formatting, layout, best practices)
- Experience with content management platforms, systems, and processes
- Experience with consulting on marketing material design and layout
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Energy (DOE), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), National Science Foundation (NSF), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more, click here!
Program Specific Salary Range: $69K to $75K
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.