The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking a Mechanical Lead to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will be able to provide technical support to the customer's fabrication and manufacturing shops, and supervise assigned personnel in the Mechanical Engineering (ME) support staff. The candidate must have demonstrated experience designing, programming, and manufacturing metal, plastic, and composite components.
- Manage performance and work requirements for all assigned staff
- Identify and implement strategic improvements and solutions that are in line with the customer’s vision and mission
- Create schedules for prioritized, approved work requirements
- Ensure industry and customer standards and best practices are followed for all requirements
- Operate metal working tools such as mills, lathes, press brakes, saws, grinders, waterjets, drills, welders, and measuring equipment(manual and CNC).
- Responsible for setup, fixturing, jig utilization, programing, CAD/CAM, and operating /maintaining metal shop equipment
- Provide inputs on shop safety best practices and maintenance of the shop safety plan, to include application of OSHA standards
- Provide general guidance on proper use, general machine maintenance, and minor repairs to shop equipment
- Oversee the management of consumables and procurement support
- Active TS/SCI; must be eligible and willing to upgrade to a TS/SCI w/polygraph
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of demonstrated experience in the metal working disciplines. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- 5 years of demonstrated experience providing training in hand skills and machining skills (manual and CNC)
- Possess machinist certification from an apprenticeship program, or demonstrated proficiencies from an accredited source or reference.
- Demonstrated CAD/CAM experience
- SOLIDWORKS Professional certification
- Demonstrated ability to aid others in design and troubleshooting of mechanical component and assembly design
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Demonstrated experience working independently, as well as part of a team, including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated proficiency in FeatureCam
- Demonstrated proficiency in setup, programming and operation of CNC machines to include Haas mills, lathes, turning centers and 5-axis machining centers, and Mitsubishi Wire EDMs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of metal finishing processes to include anodizing, painting, and powder coating.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in design, setup, fixturing, and welding of various metals using GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, and EBW.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.