Looking for an opportunity to grow your career?
Leidos has an opening for a Service Desk Supervisor to join the Leidos Corporate Service Desk in Clinton, MS or Albuquerque, NM. The role provides support in the handling of incidents, problems, and requests at our large-scale Enterprise Shared Service Desk supporting multiple programs totaling more than 20,000 customers for Leidos and our Federal Government customers. The Supervisor provides leadership and mentoring to the Service Desk Team Leads and Agents and drives a culture of continual process improvement, in accordance with the ITIL framework, within the team. The Supervisor performs all the responsibilities of the Service Desk Team Lead, while serving as point of escalation for their peers, monitoring current business volume, and aiding the Service Desk Manager with maintaining business flow 24x7x365. This position will require both virtual and in-person interaction with technical and non-technical team members from across all Leidos organizations.
7am to 4pm CST, Saturday and Sunday
12pm to 9pm CST, Monday – Wednesday
***Please only apply if you’re open to this schedule, as there is no flexibility with this
Location: 100% onsite in Clinton, MS or Albuquerque, NM
- Adhere to approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), written or otherwise
- Always remain professional and courteous when engaging Team Leads, Service Desk Agents, and end users.
- Work in a team environment
- Work closely with other Service Desk Supervisors and Team Leads
- Monitor and supervise Service Desk Team Leads’ adherence to SOP and report discrepancies to the Service Desk Manager
- Monitor systems to ensure Service Desk Agent adherence to breaks and lunches, PC issues, and call and chat availability.
- Ensure that Team Leads are aware of outages and system issues or updates and that they are relaying this information properly to the Service Desk Agents
- Ensure availability to assist/takeover supervisor calls or assist with end user support in case of increased call volume
- Serve as point of escalation for Service Desk Agents and maintain a more complete and in-depth knowledge of issues and systems to better aid Agents
- Monitor the volume of inbound incidents and requests on all channels (phone, email, chat, etc.) and relay this information to the Service Desk Manager and Team Leads
- Comply with pre-determined and provided times allotted for work schedule, breaks and lunch.
- Verify and approve/reject Service Desk Agent and Team Lead timecards on a weekly basis
- Be available on-call for agent occurrences/infractions, Service Desk incidents or problems 24x7x365 via a provided Leidos mobile device
- Support multiple programs in a shared services environment
- Maintain and influence team morale in accordance with Leidos values
- Monitor and approve Service Desk Agent time off requests as required by the Service Desk Manager
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years IT Service Desk team lead experience. High school diploma with additional years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience providing direct end-user technical IT support for the applications being supported, including both telephone support and chat assistance to end users, is preferred.
- Expert user of word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
- Demonstrated experience with ITSM suites such as Remedy or ServiceNow
- ACD/IVR experience
- Knowledge Management (KM) experience
- Broad experience in a variety of IT areas (e.g., Windows desktop environment, Active Directory, mobile authentication tools, remote desktop tools, etc.) - is preferred over limited experience in one area only.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with both technical teams and non-technical business leaders
- Ability to conduct and lead virtual and in-person meetings and presentations to both technical and non-technical individuals and groups
- Candidate should be a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Experience and familiarity with Leidos IT systems covering all realms of Leidos CIO Support Teams
- Must be able to work 100% onsite in Clinton, Mississippi
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOJ public trust secret clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess or obtain Help Desk Institute (HDI) certification (Support Center Manager or Support Center Analyst) within 6 months of hiring
- Possess or obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 6 months of hiring
Program Specific Salary Range: $50K to $55K
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.