Leidos is seeking an Agile Scrum Master that will utilize lean agile and configuration management (CM) best practices to standardize IT-project governance across components for its set of corporate applications. Projects are in various stages of development, operations and maintenance (O&M), and cloud migration. The Customer requires support for enterprise scrum and CM through leadership in agile practice and system engineering discipline. The work will involve all aspects of project management and technical leadership, from requirements to delivery, to ensure on-time, on-budget, and high-quality product deliveries to a wide range of corporate customers. Work may be performed independently or within a team environment. The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead all agile-related activities and processes; plan and coordinate project activities with management, product owners, multiple development teams, infrastructure teams to achieve project goals; and develop project plans or schedules as needed, for management audience.
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents or presentations to be used by technical and non-technical personnel, establish and lead the agile process in transforming user needs into system requirements, and establish a well-defined agile process to manage, track and document all system updates and changes across the teams and Business areas.
- Lead agile teams to incorporate the Sponsor’s security and architectural policies and regulations, facilitate agile forums or governance forums such as the Sponsor’s Requirements Review Board (RRB) and Project Management Review (PMR), and lead the scrum of scrums to coordinate team dependencies and priorities.
- Help teams to manage their work in sprint cycles, to decompose work into epics and minimum-value increments (MVIs), and to adhere to agile principles and practice and collect and analyze team metrics and help teams with continuous performance improvement.
- Collect and analyze data in support of task management that in turn informs project-level schedule and needed adjustments and train project team members in JIRA and enterprise Lean agile processes.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education.
- Demonstrated experience as Enterprise Scrum Master.
- Demonstrated experience as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Lean Agile Methodology
- Demonstrated experience training non-technical and technical audience in Agile / Lean Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously using agile methodologies or other project management techniques to execute high priority tasks.
- Demonstrated experience conducting Scrum-related meetings such as backlog grooming, reviews, retrospectives, sprint or release planning.
- Demonstrated experience with JIRA administration (workflows, issue types, and dashboards
- Demonstrated experience with JIRA Portfolio.
- Demonstrated experience with project or portfolio planning and execution activities.
- Demonstrated experience decomposing high-level requirements to agile requirements such as MVIs, epics, and user stories.
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau tile reporting support, to include integration with JIRA update and publish information to the tiles.
- Demonstrated experience in project management skills with a focus on IT projects, to include requirements gathering, prioritizing, allocating resources, translating vague business requirements into IT requirements, or translating business requirements into executive-level briefings.
- Demonstrated experience working with secure IT networking architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera Professional tool for cost tracking.
- Demonstrated success in driving agile maturity in IT organization(s)
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.