At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Storage Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This role requires technical expertise in storage engineering, system administration, and operations. This role is responsible for optimizing the configuration of the enterprise storage infrastructure to maximize availability, performance, and capacity. This role participates in the lifecycle process of purchasing, installing, maintaining, and replacing storage devices across on-premise and cloud IT environments. This role collects and evaluates metrics to optimize storage operations. This individual identifies risks, performs assessments, and analyzes risk mitigation strategies. Finally, this individual is responsible for developing and maintaining system documentation and procedures in accordance with customer requirements. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives. The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Install, configure, and administer enterprise storage systems from multiple vendors to include, but not limited to, Dell EMC and Quantum
- Install, configure, and administer Rubrik server and client software. Schedule and monitor backup policies. Generate backup status reports as required
- Administer Cisco Brocade fibre channel switch fabrics. Configure single initiator zone sets and monitor switch utilization and performance
- Create and secure SMB file shares
- Coordinate with server administrators to create, secure, and mount NFS exports
- Develop and implement Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations plans in accordance with customer requirements
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer Linux and Windows servers in support of storage operations such as Rubrik, Media, DSM and Master servers
- Build capacity management dashboards that improve visibility into enterprise storage use, health, resilience, and provide ongoing resources for planning for enterprise infrastructure lifecycle replacement
- Configure Rubrik policies. Troubleshoot and resolve backup job failures
- Coordinate with vCenter administrators to provision Storage Area Network (SAN) resources to VMWare ESX cluster datastores as required
- Configure and manage volume snapshots. Assist customers with point-in-time file restores
- Schedule and monitor volume replication for disaster recovery
- Monitor health and availability of infrastructure applications and systems
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software failures
- Coordinate with Change Management to deconflict and schedule hardware maintenance activities, system and firmware updates, and other configuration changes
- Execute system changes during scheduled maintenance windows
- Monitor and evaluate system performance and capacity trends
- Resolve tier 2 and tier 3 service requests
- Identify opportunities to automate operations. Develop automated solutions that take advantage of Dell and NetApp system APIs
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement to support effective and efficient operations
- Work with Cloud Storage solutions as needed for Cloud applications
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Mentor junior team members
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience supervising others
- Extensive experience administering enterprise-level data storage systems (Dell Storage Center, Dell Compellent, NetApp, and Data Domain preferred) with a demonstrated understanding of the following services and technologies
- SAN administration including provisioning of LUNs, managing fibre channel zoning, and mapping storage to servers
- NAS administration including NFS and SMB file sharing
- Integration with VMWare ESX Server
- Data migration strategies
- Volume replication
- Managing file and share permissions in an Active Directory environment
- Storage monitoring and performance tuning
- Understanding of Cloud storage management
- Extensive experience managing and administering Veritas Rubrik
- Experience with scripting technologies such as PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Unix or Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of Distributed File System (DFS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior team members
- Ability to complete complex projects with minimal direction
- Experience working independently to support a 24/7/365 customer environment
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics
- Experience coordinating with senior management and customers
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and COOP storage backup and recovery within and across the data centers and the Cloud
- Ability to analyze cloud migration approaches to support customer decision making for effective and efficient cloud migrations
- Experience managing Distributed File System (DFS) namespaces
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.