Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for a number of US federal and international agencies, including the UK’s Home Office Biometrics program. The HOB program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability. In support of this, a Senior Test Engineer will lead the implementation of automated and performance testing to achieve efficiencies and support the program’s migration to the Cloud. The selected candidate must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Implement the use of automated test scripts and procedures to achieve efficiencies and program objectives
- Closely coordinate with program leadership to ensure program goals are realized
- Develop and execute performance tests in concert with inputs from Test Lead, Software Engineering Lead, and Project Mangers
- Support Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks
- Closely coordinate with Test Lead and Project Managers for day-to-day assignments
Produce or contribute to the development of test cases for manual testing
- Produce or contribute to the development of detailed test plans and test data, define test acceptance criteria, and produce/contribute to production of Requirements Traceability Matrices
- Provide inputs to Project Managers and senior leaders for the development of accurate estimates for project planning
- Execute automated and/or manual testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer
- Collect evidence from testing to support verification of specific actions or code functions for demonstration to Product Owner or Customer
- Produce or contribute to the development of test reports summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes
- Provide regular and frequent communication to the Test Lead and Project Managers to ensure test activities are executed in accordance with the program’s strategy and within the project’s schedule constraints
- Support analyses and the investigation of related applications’ engineering tasks and prepare recommendations
- Interface with other program/project members using the Agile Scrum methodology
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experienceMust be a US Citizen with at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation
- Must have experience in development and execution of performance testing
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Current UK clearance
- Experience working in AWS cloud environment
- Familiarity with programming in Java, .NET, VB, or other languages
- Knowledge of Oracle relational databases
- Utilizing SQL & PSQL for data generation/validation/test execution
- Knowledge of Linux & Oracle DBs
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.