This is an exciting opportunity to be an active member of the NASA Advanced Enterprise Global Information Technology Solutions (AEGIS) contract system administration team, supporting OCIO and research computing systems at NASA Langley Research Center. The position includes end user system support and server support for the Media Solutions Branch, Configuration Aerodynamics Branch and Advanced Materials Processing Branch.
- End user support of Mac and Windows workstations.
- Installation of complex scientific software packages.
- Proactively monitor, analyze, and correct system issues.
- Maintaining system backups.
- Resolving system security issues – including patching, risk analysis and security plans.
- Assist with monitoring and management of storage servers (running Linux).
- Assist with Linux server administration.
- End user support in tracking and resolving issues via ticketing system.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Minimum 5 years of Mac & Windows system administration experience.
- Must have significant experience supporting Macintosh systems.
- Experience performing system backups.
- Self directed – proven ability to work, and satisfy customer needs, with minimal day to day direction.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also independently.
- Ability and willingness to communicate tasks and concepts to others.
- Strong communication and customer relations skills.
- Good documentation skills .
- Understanding of IT security best practices.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts.
Experience in the following areas would be considered a plus:
- Linux system administration.
- Experience managing Linux and Windows server systems.
- Experience managing storage systems.
- Experience managing server systems.
- Experience managing physical systems.
- VMWare ESXi / vCenter server systems.
- Supporting a research environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.