Do you enjoy the challenge of managing a capture; all of the details, the collaboration and coordination, the strategy, the development of win themes and discriminators, working with peers and assessing competitors across industry to develop and deliver the best solution to win new business? If you do, come join us at Leidos we need your expertise and experience to lead a team of seasoned capture professionals on a new adventure!
Our Intelligence Group has a new opportunity for a Director of Capture Management to lead business development activities for a diverse set of customers focused on Homeland Security Solutions (DHS and FBI.) This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a team of Capture Managers whose technical expertise, capture experience and win records are impressive. The role requires an ethical approach to identifying and pursuing new opportunities, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding, resourcefulness, outstanding business relationships, personnel management, team leadership, and understanding of business strategy. This is a new leadership position in the organization that will report to the Vice President for Business Development and Strategy for Homeland Security Solutions.
- The Director of Capture Management is directly responsible for leading a team of six or more senior capture managers as well as their teams.
- The position requires a high degree of responsibility; significant and lasting customer affinity; outstanding communication skills; the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize against goals and objectives; discernment to manage the pipeline against the Operation, Group and Corporate strategy; understanding of customer gaps and underlying Leidos IP to fill gaps; and the ability to negotiate for positive outcomes.
- In addition, extensive industry relationships, understanding of the existing program and teaming environment, and mastery of various facets of the customer mission are critical to this position.
- The knowledge of and ability to understand and execute the Leidos capture process is essential to success in this position.
- The ability to negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches sets this position apart from the senior capture managers.
- The individual filling this role must act with conviction and be willing to make decisions with limited information.
- Support to pipeline development, on contract growth efforts and new contract wins are critical elements of the Capture Director’s responsibilities.
- The Director of Capture Management will have hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority for the capture team and in accordance with organizational guidelines.
- This position requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 12+ years of experience.
- The ideal candidate has led individuals and cross-functional teams for a minimum of 7 years.
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Possess business and technical vision
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess analytical presentation and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Proven record of success capturing and winning opportunities within the federal government (single award >$250M+ captures) with emphasis on opportunity pursuit, pre-proposal, proposal and post-proposal activities.
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, competitive position to win, pricing strategy, teaming, capture team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- 10+ years leading people, teams, and programs.
- Master’s degree
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI; TS/SCI with current polygraph
- 15+ years business development experience with DHS and FBI
- Experience with Enterprise IT, cybersecurity, logistics, software development
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers across the corporation
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.