The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Research Scientist / Computational Physicist to work in our San Diego, California office. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated scientist to support algorithm design and development, system level modelling, and sensor performance modeling and test for a variety of space, airborne, or ground based sensors for cutting edge military applications. Candidates for this position must be able to learn quickly and be an independent problem-solver.
- Design, modify, test, and invent algorithms to perform difficult missions
- Conduct performance analyses of sensor or system performance
- Present algorithms and results to customers and internal team
- Master’s degree in math, physics, astronomy, or computer science with 6+ years of experience
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with signal processing and algorithm development
- Understands how to analyze problems and do performance assessment through Monte Carlo simulations
- Exceptional skill in Matlab, Python, or similar scripting and analysis tools
- Significant experience with detection, discrimination, and classification problems
- Experience with hardware performance and error modeling
- Understand multiple hypothesis target tracking
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Have an active US government security clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.