Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities … There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking an experienced Test Engineer to support the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) Task Order for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This person should be a seasoned, self-motivated, professional with at least 5 years of hands-on engineering and testing experience in virtualized and cloud environments. A skilled technician knowledgeable and experienced in infrastructure such as code environments, automating test, system configurations, and cloud architectures, and designs.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, used to provide secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and IC community. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of VSD and CIS, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
This position is located at either Ft Meade, MD, Alexandria, VA, or Arlington, VA with occasional/situational travel.
Member of solution test teams, conducting load stress, and regression testing in virtualized and cloud environments
Provide continuous development and continuous integration to include operational engineering and integration, release management, implementation & migration, and training & knowledge transfer
Operational Engineering and Integration:
- Sustain and maintain the classified test bed environment to include patching and sustainment of test servers
- Document and deliver an approach for automated acceptance testing, integration/regression testing, all new applications, and all new capabilities
- Integrate, sustain, and mature the release management and automated testing lifecycle for CESO capabilities.
- Conduct automated testing of all new capabilities utilizing the current Amazon C2S enabled architectures and tools to include Ansible, Cloud Formations, JMETER, etc.
- Develop an ongoing plan for continual testing and acceptance from development into operations in a streamlined efficient manner
- Develop, document, and conduct operational acceptance testing for all new capabilities. This includes outlining operational acceptance criteria (with Government approval), both technical and non-technical and delivering a report to the Government recommending a path forward.
- Manage and sustain the integration and testing environments on the unclassified and classified infrastructure both on premise and in the cloud to validate all capabilities and technologies prior to being deployed on the production environment.
- Maintain software release matrices across integration and testing environments.
- Stage new and upgraded services components or services to integration and testing environment.
- Conduct testing for all new and upgraded services components or services to include unit, system, integration, regression and user acceptance testing based on documented requirements and policies.
- Complete all acceptance testing (functional, technical, user, regression, performance, and load)
- Develop any required test scripts associated with the scope of testing procedures
- Perform modifications and adjustments to new and upgraded services components or services as a result of testing and validate results.
- Perform configuration management and change management activities related to integration and testing services.
- Conduct site surveys, as necessary, to assess existing equipment and software being used to validate release package requirements and dependencies
- Support and participate in application upgrades or migrations and provide applicable services to upgrade tools, database, operating system and infrastructure including testing with the application support teams.
- Create, support, and sustain the processes, technical and non-technical, to efficiently and securely move system changes and code from the test environment into the production environment and ensure 99% parity between both environments.
- Develop and document detailed technical specifications that define and support the build, test and deployment plans for the standard core SW image(s), with Government approval.
- Conduct system-level and end-user testing of core SW image(s) to validate that they perform in accordance with the approved specifications and can be deployed successfully and operate with all supported applications, HW and SW
Implementation & Migration:
- Facilitate the migration of customer data and metadata onto the CESO architecture and applications
- Install or migrate new and upgraded services components or services into operations
- Ensure there is segregation of duties between the application developer testers and the release management testers.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as required
- Review and approve release acceptance testing plans, prior to submission to the Government for final approval.
- Perform validation tests on all new and upgraded services components or services.
- Develop testing and integration procedures, with Government approval, for data network design, engineering and security that meet requirements and adhere to defined policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT and 4+ years of experience; Additional experience may substitute for degree
- 3+ years of hands-on testing experience in virtualized and cloud environments, ideally with federal government
- Strong knowledge of networking and operating systems
- Virtualization, VM image builds & security hardening
- Candidate must possess an active DOD TS/SCI level security clearance, and may be required to obtain a CI Poly in the future.
- Experience working in a high op-temp, top secret environment
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.