The Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions group is currently supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) Program. EHRM will provide a single common Electronic Health Record (EHR) across VA and the Department of Defense (DoD) to provide seamless care for Veterans and active-duty military members improving their access to the highest quality care.
The Leidos MVHS group currently has an opening for an ICD Analyst. The candidate will have the ability to research, interpret, and understand technical documentation supporting existing VA healthcare applications. The primary focus of the ICD Analyst is to identify, understand, and document communication interfaces between identified systems for the existing VA EHR, and then support the design activity for those interfaces within the new VA EHR to include their protocols, message types, and formats.
This position will include team responsibility for systems interface integration analysis, design, and Interface Control Document (ICD) development support. The candidate will work with a team of other ICD Analysts and Technical Writers to develop and deliver ICDs within an Agile Scrum environment.
The ideal candidate should have 8 years of systems interface analysis and/or development to include healthcare IT experience and common API (SOAP, REST, and/or FHIR) Interoperability.
ICD Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with client, vendor, Product Owner (PO) and VA technical resources to develop the Interface Control Document (ICD), which includes technical interface design specifications, requirements, use case diagrams, architecture diagrams, integration patterns, detailed message components and connectivity security information.
- Coordinate with enterprise architecture (EA) team and integration pattern guide to ensure consistency in documentation in ICD artifact.
- Coordinate closely with Security Engineer to ensure consistency in information provided in the PPSM.
- Work with solution consultant, interface architect (IA) and VA technical POC to identify any data element discrepancies and perform HL7 specification research and recommend data element mapping in HL7 messages.
- Collaborate with Project Manager (PM), IA and Scrum Master in creating Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks with timeline input .
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of ICD design sessions, take notes during the design sessions, conduct follows up with all parties to close action items (Cerner Teams, Vendor, VA).
- Draft ICD based on the design sessions, legacy ICD document, technical documentation and/or documentation provided by the Vendor.
- Review and update ICD based on Cerner IA and Solution team, VA user community, Cyber Team, Vendors, Technical Editing team feedback.
- Prepare the final ICD document for Individual Interface Technical Design Review (IITDR) and White Glove submission.
- Maintain ICD document during testing phase or post submission feedback from VA.
- Identify tasks during sprint planning sessions to match IMS timeline and complete ICD related tasks based on the due dates.
- Attend daily standup and provide status on tasks assigned to them.
- Attend internal Cerner team meetings and be prepared to provide ICD status.
- Maintain JIRA tasks with the progress of ICD.
- Participate in Sprint retro ceremonies to provide feedback to Scrum Master.
REQUIRED Skills: The candidate must have advanced experience in the following:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience with large-scale projects, with cross-functional development teams, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to details under tight deadline constraints is essential.
- Excellent relationship building skills and sound interpersonal skills, while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Proficient user of MS Visio and the MS Office suite.
- Healthcare IT experience.
- HL7 (V2.x, V3)
- SOAP, REST, FHIR APIs
- Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) or similar.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or equivalent technical discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance (VA Moderate BI clearance). Federal government requirement.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Active/current Public Trust clearance (VA clearance) and active PIV card.
- Knowledge of, and preferably experienced with Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Familiar with the standards and practices of requirements analysis.
- Familiar with relational database concepts.
- Experience working on VA, DoD, and/or VHA technology platforms and systems a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.