Are you looking for your next “great mission” professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission supporting our veterans? Leidos has the perfect job for you!
Leidos Veteran Health is seeking a Sr. Project Scheduler to support the VA’s Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) Program. The Sr. Project Scheduler will support a large project within the program and will be responsible for all aspects of creating a maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for this complex software and systems implementation project. The Scheduler must have high-level MS Project skills. They will be required to facilitate meetings and work one-on-one to ascertain project activities, resources, requirements, predecessors, successors, impacts, milestones, etc. They will construct and maintain the MS Project plan daily, distribute weekly, run reports, and generate various views.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (required qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree, 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- This federal contract requires the candidate to have US Citizenship.
- Active or previously held ADP2/IT2 Public Trust.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to work with the functional areas to identify and maintain all schedule tasks and dependencies.
- Ability to attend meetings in Rosslyn, VA twice each month.
- Be familiar with and have working knowledge of the DCMA 14pt schedule assessment.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, and with input from the cross-functional team, generate, publish and maintain an accurate a Master Schedule, using MS Project, showing the tasks and resources required to deliver on-time, per customer requirements and milestones.
- Work closely with PMO, development, operations and other project teams to develop detailed schedules, keep these schedules current and seamlessly integrated into the Master Schedule.
- Provide hands-on development of layered schedules detailing how a specific project is progressing including how the project contributes to overarching program requirements and objectives.
- Develop resource loaded and level project schedules using the performance work statement (PWS), technical proposal, WBS, and oral directions from senior project managers and technical leads.
- Develop and maintain linkages, dependencies and inter-dependencies with related projects.
- Ensure internal and external dependencies are documented and tracked for risk management.
- Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events.
- Identify critical path and task dependencies.
- Set and maintain the baseline schedule and track all changes to the baselined schedule on a weekly basis.
- Perform ‘what if’ scenarios within the schedule.
- Develop schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure they are followed during the development and maintenance of schedules.
- Perform schedule estimating through elicitation of team members and other stakeholders to capture estimations of new work, updated actuals and remaining work.
- Champion and support continuous Risk Mitigation and Issue Management through schedule analysis.
- Generate bi-weekly schedule reports based on planned vs actual work.
- Develop and maintain Stop Light (red, yellow, green) report on tasks in progress (WIP).
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD (preferred)
- Experience support healthcare information technology projects.
- Experience supporting information technology projects for Veterans Affairs agency.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certification.
- Current/Active VA background investigation/VA Access is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.