Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities … There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking an experienced Lead AWS Cloud Engineer to support the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) Task Order for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This person should be a seasoned, self-motivated, and professional with at least 5 years of hands-on engineering and administration experience in virtualized Information Technology environments. A skilled technician knowledgeable and experienced in infrastructure as code environments, automating patches and system configurations, and with designing and engineering commercial cloud environments, architectures, and designs.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, used to provide secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and IC community. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of VSD and CIS, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
This position is located at Fort Meade, MD, Alexandria, VA, or Arlington, VA with occasional/situational travel.
The Task Order is expected to be awarded by 8/1/2022.
Provide continuous development and continuous integration to include operational engineering and integration, release management, implementation & migration, and training & knowledge transfer.
Operational Engineering and Integration:
- Document and deliver an approach for automated acceptance testing, including tools and processes
- Document and deliver an approach for automated integration and regression testing, including tools and processes
- Conduct automated testing of all new capabilities utilizing the current Amazon C2S enabled architectures and tools to include Ansible, Cloud Formations, JMETER, etc.
- Develop, document, and conduct operational acceptance testing for all new capabilities. This includes outlining operational acceptance criteria (with Government approval), both technical and non-technical and delivering a report to the Government recommending a path forward.
- Manage and sustain the integration and testing environments on the unclassified and classified infrastructure both on premise and in the cloud to validate all capabilities and technologies prior to being deployed on the production environment.
- Stage new and upgraded services components or services to integration and testing environment.
- Conduct testing for all new and upgraded services components or services to include unit, system, integration, regression and user acceptance testing based on documented requirements and policies.
- Complete all acceptance testing (functional, technical, user, regression, performance, and load)
- Develop any required test scripts associated with the scope of testing procedures
- Perform modifications and adjustments to new and upgraded services components or services as a result of testing and validate results.
- Perform configuration management and change management activities related to integration and testing services.
- Improve and sustain the unclassified and classified test bed, staging, and integration environments. Mature and engineer improvements to the cloud infrastructure and architecture to support continuous development and continuous integration utilizing modern practices and tools.
- Participate in the development of the release management process and procedures and policies
- Develop quality plans and back-out plans as appropriate for each release
- Conduct site surveys, as necessary, to assess existing Equipment and Software being used to validate release package requirements and dependencies
- Ensure that any new software, equipment, or support services required for the release are procured and available when needed
- Ensure there is segregation of duties between the application developer testers and the release management testers.
- Identify and document all Configurable Items (CIs) that need to be included in the release, as well as, all system inter-dependencies
- Document, review, and approve communications to end-users in anticipation of all new releases
- Notify CESO affected clients of release timing and impact and provide communications to the service desk
- Implement release in compliance with Change Management requirements and adherence to detailed release plans
- Modify configuration database, asset management items, and service catalog (if applicable) to reflect changes to CIs due to the release
- Perform quality control audits and approve Release control results to the Government
- Support the order of WAN circuits, equipment and services as defined and required by CESO
- Prepare data network design, engineering, and security plans and schedules to support new and enhanced applications, architectures and standards
- Develop testing and integration procedures, with Government approval, for data network design, engineering and security that meet requirements and adhere to defined policies
- Manage all designated data network devices in accordance with CESO policies (including security oversight and change management policies)
BA and 8+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
5+ years of hands-on engineering and administration experience in virtualized environments, ideally with federal government
Strong knowledge in infrastructure as code environments, automating patches and system configurations, and with designing and engineering commercial cloud environments, architectures, and designs.
Candidate must Currently have a TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a CI Poly.
Experience working in a high op-temp, top secret environment
IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
Ability to obtain an Amazon Operations certification or Amazon Developer certification within 120 days
Ability to obtain an Ansible certification within 180 days
Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.