Leidos has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support the development of hardware components for ground and flight hardware systems. The Electrical Engineer will contribute to NASA's mission, primarily for maintaining the health and wellbeing of astronauts or conducting experiments on the International Space Station and for exploration. The candidate must possess the capacity to understand and utilize the major concepts of electrical engineering as well as having an understanding of mechanical, biomedical and software engineering principles that will enable the successful interface with engineers performing work in these disciplines.
- Requirements generation and definition, hardware/software conceptual design and test, hardware/software preliminary design and test, hardware/software detailed design and test, hardware/software assembly/fabrication, hardware/software acceptance and qualification test support, hardware/software operations support in support of assigned projects in the Design Engineering and Fabrication Section of the Flight Hardware Department.
- Participate in the design of electrical, data and power sub-systems including design support, cabling, component identification, part selection, circuit design and layout, drawing development and release for hardware/products for extremely integrated projects
- Support fabrication, assembly and test of the sub-systems/systems, ensure timely procurements, support in the review of design requirements and proposed verification methods.
- Identify risks and issues, review related information to develop and evaluate options for mitigation and implement solutions
- Technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard and advanced engineering techniques, procedures and criteria and use judgment to make decisions to provide engineering solutions to problems.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope, to include tracking and reporting project tasking and status technical, budget, schedule, and risks
- Perform PCB layout (e.g. Altium, OrCaD, etc.), part selection and analysis
Required Education and Experience:
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering (or related e.g. Biomedical) plus 8 years of experience with at least 5 years in flight hardware development
- Extensive knowledge of electrical/electronic engineering principles and practices and be able to apply that knowledge to make independent decisions on a broad range of space-related engineering problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skill including presenting information to customers
- Leadership experience of technical personnel performing complex engineering activities
- Support ISO/AS9100/CMMI activities and audits
- Electrical Simulation (e.g. PSpice)
- Experience with configuration and data management processes
- Experience designing to IPC and NASA standards
- Familiarity with NASA or DoD Work Instructions, NASA systems, and/or experience with NASA or a NASA contractor
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation; U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency required due to length investigation for non-U.S. persons.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.