The qualified candidate will serve as an Information Assurance professional within an established Information Security team. Under the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) the position specific responsibilities will include:
- Work in a Windows and Linux environment.
- Responsible for building new Linux workstations and servers and ensuring they meet DOD STIG security standards.
- Assist in managing risks related to the use of processing, storing, or transmitting information within an Information System
- Provide customer service in assisting users with standard service desk queries such as password resets and account unlocks.
- Address issues with file level permissions in Red Hat Linux and Windows environments.
- Reduce or eliminate impact to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of information and information systems
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Establish system specific recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
- Perform periodic maintenance on systems to include installation of operating system patches and updating virus definitions.
- Install hardware and software as required.
- User account management.
- Perform Quarterly DISA STIG Updates.
- An active DoD Secret with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Technology/Network Administration or related discipline, or 4 – 8 years of direct experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAM Level II, e.g. Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment.
- A working knowledge of Windows-based Information Systems and LINUX operating systems.
- Experience administering a Linux information system and incorporating Linux into a Windows Domain.
- The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
- Basic understanding of networking principles.
- Extensive training or experience with Windows-based Information Systems with a working knowledge of LINUX operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and implementing group policy.
- Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DSS, etc.)
- Experience performing basic networking troubleshooting and experience with CISCO products.
- Preferred candidate will have a Linux certification, preferably RED HAT.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.