We have an have opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager for electric utility to work alongside Lead Engineers and Engineering Managers to support various Clients within our Power Delivery Services division. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines. As a part of this work, you may also be coordinating with permit agencies, right-of-way specialists, system owners, field leaders, forestry leaders, and 3rd party owners for joint-owned poles.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical and Non-Technical training opportunities
- Leadership training
In this role you can expect to gain:
- Interaction with technical design teams
- Experience with various sized electric utilities
- Experience assisting in managing scope, schedule, and budget for projects of various size.
- Experience developing and implementing software packages in execution of program deliverables.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assist in reviewing project performance including scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance.
- Assist in ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits.
- Creation and maintenance of client and office resource loaded schedules.
- Driving work products by coordinating and working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables.
- Interfacing directly with internal management to report progress, costs, schedule, and risks across a portfolio of distribution projects.
- Weekly reporting to Clients on project status.
- Work with engineering team to ensure internal project tracking and metrics are kept up to date and accurate for scope, schedule, and budget.
- Assisting Engineering Managers in development of project analysis for program and employee performance.
Additionally, you may provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met. You’ll engage with technical design and Client standards, ensuring quality and timeliness of design deliverables to QAQC.
- AS degree in Engineering Technology or other, related discipline and 1-3 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Enthusiasm to approach projects with solutions
- Ability and desire to learn and implement new software and systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.