Are you an HR professional looking to accelerate your career? The Leidos Health Group is seeking a HR Business Partner to join a best-in-class Human Resources function to support and drive our talent strategy and implementation. The position will work directly with the SVP, Human Resources to drive day-to-day projects in support of operational goals and longer-term strategic focus areas.
We’re seeking a motivated, self-driven, innovative, and dedicated professional with a commitment to operational excellence and a thirst for learning. You will be part of an HR team within our Health line of business, which is comprised of over 9,600 employees globally, approximately $2.5B in revenue annually, and with the mission to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient. This role is a great opportunity to join a well-developed HR function in a robust, complex and fast-moving business setting.
The successful candidate will drive and assist with the implementation of initiatives and projects from various parts of the business and participate in special projects as requested. The incumbent will also serve in varying capacities to serve as backup or supplemental support for HR business partner activities across the business as need arises. The position is intended to give exposure to executive-level HR projects and priorities while also offering the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge and to position a successful candidate for a full scope HR business partner or specialist opportunity as a potential next step.
- The candidate will engage across the entire HR Team of the Health Group, to include HR Business Partners, Centers of Excellence (COE), and HR Services, to drive and complete projects that support HR support and service delivery.
- The candidate will support in all aspects of HR to include HR Project Management, Data and Reporting, Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation & Merit Planning, Rewards and Recognition, and Compliance.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining weekly and monthly business rhythms and reporting to ensure that the HR team is operating efficiently and is provided the tools, resources and information to deliver HR support and report progress to the business most effectively.
- The candidate will be proactive in managing projects, prioritizing tasks, identifying and securing necessary resources and formulating and tracking actionable steps for the team and leadership.
- The candidate will serve as a backup HR business partner to various lines of business as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, complex and business environment at scale
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint
- Strong project management skills with ability to think through critical tasks, set deadlines and influence teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong data analytics and visualization skills, with ability to pull and manipulate data, to identify patterns and build reports and presentations
- Strong writing and editing skills, good verbal communication skills, and ability to effectively reason through tasks and decisions
- Ability to work well independently by taking initiative and being resourceful to meet project deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential data and information
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to work and coordinate with employees, peers, colleagues and leaders at all levels with confidence
- Foundational knowledge and experience with HR, to include basic labor laws, knowledge of HR aspects along the entire employee lifecycle, managing people and teams, etc.
- Familiarity with Workday HR Systems and PowerBI Data System
- Experience designing SharePoint and/or internal communication websites
- Formal HR education, training or certification strongly preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.