The Leidos Corporate Tax Department is seeking a Tax Accountant to join our team of tax professionals supporting our Corporate Office. This position will report to the Tax Manager.
This position is eligible for 100% remote / telework from anywhere in the continental US.
The Tax Accountant will be part of the Corporate Tax team and will assist in all aspects of the preparation of the worldwide income tax provision. The Tax Accountant will also assist the Company’s external service providers to ensure successful completion of all income tax compliance, including coordinating with internal teams to gather relevant data. The Candidate should be a strong communicator, detail oriented, a team player who enjoys tax and is interested in being part of an organization committed to continuous growth.
- Assist in preparing the income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis, including foreign tax provisions and provision-to-return adjustments
- Prepare various supporting analyses for the income tax provision, including valuation allowance and uncertain tax positions
- Gather evidence and support related to internal controls and making sure the Company adheres to SOX protocols
- Assist external auditors in completing their review each reporting period
- Prepare and analyze monthly tax account reconciliations and related adjusting journal entries
- Maintain tax calendar and ensure filings are made timely
- Gather and analyze data from various systems (general ledger, contracts, etc.) and Corporate Accounting to provide to external service providers
- Coordinate with external service providers to prepare federal, state and foreign income tax filings, including extensions and estimates throughout the year
- Review various state and foreign income tax returns prepared by external service providers
- Assist in tracking and processing tax payments in a timely manner
- Assist in responding to federal, state and international tax notices and audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field and minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in accounting (corporate/public); OR Master’s degree in Accounting, Tax, or relevant field and 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Prior experience with corporate income tax provisioning is required
Strong knowledge of accounting and tax principles, practices, and procedures
- A quick learner who is flexible and willing to take on new challenges and roles
- Energetic and have a high sense of urgency and able to prioritize workload in order to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- A high level of confidence and integrity, detail oriented, creative and self-motivated, able to take a hands-on approach to problem solving and a team player with a positive attitude
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must be comfortable with virtual communications and working with geographically disparate groups
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Master’s Degree in Taxation/Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.