The US Government uses space systems to solve many complex problems to protect our warfighters and gather information on threats to our national interest. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) performs space payload systems research and development (R&D) to create innovative one-of-a-kind solutions to these complex Customer needs.
LInC has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA, to work on the research, design, development, and test of optical payload systems for Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Space Situational Awareness (SSA) missions. Programs are funded by multiple US Government sponsors, industry, as well as Internal Research and Development (IR&D) efforts. The electrical engineer will conduct research, design, and development, and integration and test of electrical equipment and systems.
- Design and integrate circuit boards to support electronics ground support equipment payload testing
- Perform trade studies for part and architecture decisions
- Develop hardware specifications, schematics, test procedures
- Resolve complex issues related to approaches, requirements, specifications, and design
- Work closely with a team of software, firmware, and systems engineers to ensure Leidos’ PCBs meet product requirements
- Perform integration and test activities to include developing tools and techniques for testing and verification
- Attend regular customer meetings and lead technical discussions/program reviews to support federal government customers
- Create product documentation and technical reports to include system requirements specifications, interface control documents, hardware description documents, test reports, and design reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of experience
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with digital hardware design and test
- Experience with PCB design and layout along with associated tools and CAD packages
- Experience with FPGA design, Altera, and/or Xilinx VHDL
- Experience working on a cross-functional team (PCB layout, mechanical engineering, manufacturing, and quality engineering) to facilitate the design process
- Experience developing test plans, executing validation and test procedures, evaluating test results, performing analysis and writing technical reports
- Knowledge of various hardware and debugging equipment, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and spectrum analyzers
- Experience with embedded signal processing algorithms, simulations, models, and/or software
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills
- Up to 10% travel to customer/subcontractor sites as required
- Masters’ degree or higher in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Active Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated leadership on a science and technology (S&T) or innovative development project
- Experience leading technical proposals or participating in business development strategy
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.