The US Government uses space systems to solve many complex problems to protect our warfighters and gather information on threats to our national interest. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) performs space payload systems research and development (R&D) to create innovative one-of-a-kind solutions to these complex Customer needs. Currently, we have a need for assembly, integration, and test of space sensor payloads to be conducted in a clean room environment.
LInC has an opportunity for an Aerospace Technician to join our team in San Diego, CA, to work on the research, design, development, and test of optical payload systems for Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Space Situational Awareness (SSA) missions. Programs are funded by multiple US Government sponsors, industry, as well as Internal Research and Development (IR&D) efforts. The Aerospace Technician will support a team of engineers and technicians toward delivering several space payloads for integration on satellites
- Responsible for cleaning, handling, assembly, and integration of space-based component, subassemblies, and payloads consistent with industry best practices.
- Understand basic integration and test of optical systems and be familiar with implementing assembly and test procedures in a clean room environment.
- Prepares engineering documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/ diagrams/schematics, etc.).
- Recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Candidate will complete a wide range of tasks at a high level of quality to produce space-flight worthy hardware.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- High school diploma and 4 years or more of relevant experience
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Knowledge space hardware handling and assembly according to Government standards
- Knowledge and experience laboratory testing
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
- Experience with COTS electronic and electro-mechanical packaging
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.