Leidos is actively interviewing for a HBSS Software Systems Engineer in North Charleston, SC that will help in supporting the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N Family of Systems (FoS).
This includes DCGS-N INC 1, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system. The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division. The Position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow and create detailed installation procedures.
Work as an HBSS Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds. Develop and implement HBSS Policies for the various DCGS-N variants and software baselines; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing, troubleshooting and life cycle activities required to sustain the policies and system(s).
• Provide HBSS expertise to create, deploy and groom policies that are implemented on DCGS-N lab, shipboard, and site systems.
• Coordinate HBSS activities with the organizations that host the managing ePO server.
• Provide software integration of COTS and GOTS products to staging of hardware and support of test and evaluation activities.
• Low level maintenance and troubleshooting will occur and candidates should have a thorough grasp of computer hardware components.
• Ensure operational requirements and software applications/services objectives are met.
• Perform software and vendor performance assessments when required.
• Assist in building and managing a software build plan showing block upgrades; detail the capabilities of the build.
• Advise the Chief Integration/Software Engineer and staff on integration and software matters.
• Attend PMRs and design reviews.
• Support Program Office scheduling activities.
• Coordinate build plans with SE personnel.
External Referral Eligible
• Bachelor's degree desired in a related technical field with at least 6+ years related experience.
• Exposure to computer-based applications similar to those required for this position.
• Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Network + and/or accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems.
• 4+ years of experience with mission operations and elicitation of analytic needs in the intelligence arena.
• Experience in concept definition for software information systems.
• Familiarity with both Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems administration in a heterogeneous environment is also needed to succeed in this assignment.
• Ability to travel 30-40% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Currently possess an active TS/SCI and must meet the requirements of DCID 6/4.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.