The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced Physical Security Manager for the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract. The candidate will work as part of a multi-functional security project team to facilitate and oversee physical security actions related to a fast-paced, highly visible program supporting the US Navy. Under the NGEN SMIT program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The physical security manager will have responsibilities related to both commercial and classified business operations and is expected to be knowledgeable and experienced in applying best practices to support asset protection/loss prevention, security and threat assessment programs, and emergency preparedness. Additionally, they will participate in guiding and supporting the application of physical security measures under U.S. government national industrial security directives (i.e. ICD, NISPOM, etc.).
- Works under the guidance of the SMIT Industrial Security Director to apply Leidos physical security standards and practices to existing Government facilities identified by the contract.
- Works in conjunction with the Leidos Global logistics asset management project team to fully understand and document security requirements and develop, recommend and implement the most appropriate use of security applications, devices, hardware, services and systems.
- Works with internal partners to develop effective strategies to mitigate vulnerabilities, maintain continuity of operations and safeguard the organization from security risks
- Oversight of physical security of NMCI Data Center locations
- Coordinate OSS and other secure space inspections with government command security managers and directors
- Attends project meetings and calls, functioning as the physical security expert and security point of contact and provides updates to the project team, corporate security and corporate real estate
- Has the ability to find new and creative security solutions while working within project constraints
- Works in conjunction with workplace security system engineers to develop security designs for electronic access control and alarm systems
- Coordinates with vendors for installation and testing of security systems and related devices
- Performs site inspections and provides oversight and guidance to vendors as needed
- Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established physical security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems.
- Develop and execute Government approved physical security policies, plans, and procedures; implement data network physical security measures; support Continuity of Operations Plan/Disaster Recovery (COOP/DR) plans, and perform certification of IS and networks.
- Current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with active Top Secret Security Clearance, SCI eligibility is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in security management, criminal justice, homeland security studies or other relevant field with 5+ years managing similar security functions or security related processes.
- Experience applying security in the government or cleared government contractor industry, construction quality assurance, or hands on supervisory construction experience.
- Experience implementing ICD 705 construction standards.
- Technical knowledge of electronic and physical security systems.
- Process oriented with attention to detail.
- Experience with managing large and complex projects.
- Proven success integrating physical security measures into complex environments in conjunction with maintaining life/safety requirements
- Ability to read schematics and drawings/blueprints
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of both small and large teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences via both verbal and written communications (e.g., technical writing, procedural development, requirements analysis).
- Must exercise fiscal responsibility through careful and appropriate use of company resources
- The SSM must have an expert understanding of the ICD 705 as demonstrated by experience working on multiple ICD 705 projects
- Experience with environments typically used in government-approved secure facilities/spaces and associated QA / QC systems along with associated technical exploitation tactics
- Accreditation/certification in physical security, security management, risk management or project management (CPP, PSP, PMP, etc.)
- Experience with government customers
- Knowledge and application of Lenel alarm systems
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.