The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking a Junior System Administrator to support the DoD Mobility Classified Capability (DMCC) program as part of GSM-O II in Columbus, OH.
We’re seeking a candidate familiar with Windows server or Linux server operations, sustainment, and management activities to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service. You’ll work as part of a Network Operations team responsible for managing an infrastructure comprised of a variety of servers, network appliances, and applications supporting voice and data services.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Monitor and maintain an enterprise services environment consisting of Windows servers, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, and network appliances.
- Assist mission partners with mobile device VPN connectivity debugging, user account and device management, and troubleshooting system/service access issues.
- Perform configuration updates and maintenance activities to patch, secure, and maintain systems.
- Respond to, and help analyze, issues that degrade system or network performance to minimize downtime.
- Help create and update documentation for common issues and processes to contribute to the team’s knowledge base.
- Provide input on ways to optimize processes and improve the efficiency of the environment.
- Support occasional after hours maintenance and be available for 2-hour onsite call back support for critical issues.
- Bachelor's degree and less than 2 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance.
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE) within 6 months of hire date.
- Understands and displays basic troubleshooting concepts for software applications, networking, Windows OS or Linux OS.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows Server OS or Linux OS fundamentals.
- Willingness to work with multiple technologies and be open to learning new technologies.
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision in the fulfillment of daily operations and sustainment activities.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement, professionalism, and communicate clearly (verbal and written).
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Desired Qualifications (not required, but a huge plus):
- Experience performing system administration tasks - installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching.
- Experience configuring and maintaining network devices - switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs.
- Experience with scripting or automation tools.
- Experience with VMWare - ESX/ESXi, vCenter, vSphere.
- Experience with AD, SCCM, SQL, MySQL, SELinux, DNS.
- Knowledge of security policies such as DISA STIGS and general vulnerabilities management.
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Cisco, Juniper, or Aruba.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.