We are seeking a Senior Instructor to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. You will conduct virtual and on-site courses relevant to Federal Real Estate / Contract Management / Finance / Program Management / Acquisition Management. Course delivery typically includes a variety of formats including lecturing, conducting hands on training, and/or facilitating training exercises. Courses are typically technical in nature and are customer focused. May also consult with training developers on training content and delivery methods, however primarily focus is on course delivery. Keeps abreast of latest instruction methods and techniques, serving as a subject matter expert in the area in which instruction is being provided.
• Conduct virtual and on-site courses relevant to the area of training
• Review and analyze training materials and recommend changes based on type of instruction needed
• Tailor instruction based on the level of knowledge of the students
• Interact with task lead, subject matter expert(s), instructional systems designers, multimedia developers, and training coordinator in designing and implementing a total training package
• Perform task and skill analysis of training requirements based on abilities and training needs of target audience
• Contribute to regular instructor meetings in reviewing lessons learned, implementing required updates, and developing new trainers
• Work with instructional systems designers in converting static (ILT) content to computer-based training, as directed
• BA degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst (CCEA) credential
• Demonstrated experience facilitating small and large group training activities to achieve desired training outcomes in both resident and virtual/online classroom environments.
• Demonstrated ability to produce presentations and other products suitable for senior level personnel in the federal government
• Functional knowledge of real property processes, procedures, and documentation
• Experience in the federal government, preferably with the FAA
• Excellent customer interaction skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Conversant in adult learning theory
• Progressive knowledge of the training product development and delivery cycle
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Mastery of adult learning principles and applications, including course delivery and facilitation
• Strong working knowledge of learning assessment and feedback methodologies
• Demonstrable experience with selecting and implementing appropriate teaching methods, to include lecture/discussion, role-playing, case study reviews, simulations, and small group learning
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.