Leidos is hiring an Operational Energy Acquisition Analyst in Washington, DC. Leidos supports the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Operational Energy) (SAF/IEN) with project management and policy support subject matter experts. Each year about $9B, or 7-8% of the Air Force budget has gone to purchase energy. Approximately 86%, or $7.2B, is operational energy (aviation fuel). The Air Force Operational Energy Program vision is to Create an energy optimized Air Force that maximizes combat capability for the warfighter
- Support coordination and management of SAF/IE participation in plans and programs executed by organizations such as the Air Force Research Lab and Defense Innovation Unit.
- Support coordination and management of SAF/IE’s participation in OSD’s Operational Energy Capability Improvement Fund (OECIF) and Operational Energy Prototyping Fund (OEPF) submissions and ongoing projects.
- Track status and organize updates and presentations for development and prototyping projects to SAF/IEN, and potentially to congressional staffers.
- Serve as liaison between AFMC, OSD, and industry to facilitate briefings and presentations on new emerging technologies that have an operational energy impact.
- Provide detailed updates to leadership and interested parties by participating in meetings/forums and coordinating, consolidating, developing and delivering/presenting associated meeting materials (e.g. slides, after action reports, minutes)
- Serve as subject matter expert for current and potential acquisition programs related to operational energy.
- Typically requires a BA degree with 8+ years of prior relevant USAF experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant USAF experience.
- HQ Air Force or MAJCOM Staff level experience preferred, specifically in Plans, Programs, and Requirements, and/or experience working at AFRL or with industry research, development, and innovation teams.
- Experience with Department of Defense acquisitions.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification(s), or Defense Acquisition University courses completed.
- Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.