The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a SME Systems Engineer to support an Intelligence Community (IC) program in McLean, VA. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required to be considered for this position.
The candidate will support Government staff in the following:
The Systems Engineer SME (SES) will act as lead over other systems engineers. You will leverage tools such as ServiceNow, JIRA, or similar ITSM tools to monitor and review team member assignments to ensure equitable use of resources, and to exercise quality control over tasks. You will meet with their team members daily in SCRUM fashion (10 mins) to provide an opportunity to hear risks and will mitigate as necessary. You will also be responsible to ensure team members coordinate across teams as necessary for more complex tasks to ensure success, and to ensure team members embrace skill enhancement through mentoring and on-the-job training moments. Solutions requiring new software, methodologies, approaches, or other changes will be coordinated with the task lead and SME forums to ensure that all solutions are with ODNI compliance, and are within the constraints of the ATO. Solution stack baselines (a list of pre-approved software and code) will be encouraged to eliminate unnecessary changes to baselines. • Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
• Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
• Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
• Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
• Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
• Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole.
• Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
• Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
• Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
• Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
• Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
• Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
• Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements
Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.