Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for a number of US federal and international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV or Vienna Va.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Develop, debug, test, document, and deploy software enhancements related to the UK IDENT1 system, in accordance with the IDENT1 Software Development Strategy
- Responsible for supporting work assignments on the software team to meet schedule for projects and releases
- Investigate, identify, and mitigate software and system issues
- Work closely with other software engineers and test engineers to ensure new and modified software is fully validated and verified prior to promotion to a build
- Collaborate with senior engineers to design and develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users/customers, studying system flows, data usage, and work processes
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating requests, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related activities as needed
- Provide mentorship and leadership to other software engineers
- Coordinate closely with other team members, project managers, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle
- Utilized industry leading tools like Bitbucket, Jira, and Jenkins to support software development efforts, track work, and automate builds and deployments
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Develop and execute project plans. Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply best practices and follow standard operating procedures
- Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with SMEs, deep analysis, and understanding of impact to operational system.
- Develop technical solutions to problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team, external customers, and influence technical decisions by providing clear, concise information about process or approach
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- BS degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 6+ years Java experience within the last 12 months
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering task
- Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team to provide significant impact on operational results or technical solutions.
- Experience in development of documentation and knowledge sharing across team
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- 2+ years C/C++ experience within the last 2 years
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified in SAFE
- Biometrics system and specification (DOD, FBI, or HONE) experience
- Perl, Python, and/or bash Scripting experience
- AWS experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.